|Young Magic / Melt|
|Artist:||Young Magic||Added:||Feb 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-02-25||Pull Date:||2012-04-28|
|Week Ending:||Apr 8||Mar 25|
|1.||Mar 12, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
Jam Karet, Yalam
|4.||Mar 22, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|2.||May 31, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|5.||Apr 29, 2012:||A Family Affair |
|3.||Apr 12, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|6.||Apr 05, 2012:||Happy 3rd Day of Sch00L! |
Melt is an excellent example of artsy electronica; on this album, the Australian group Young Magic blends electronic sounds together with some very unique and eclectic percussive beats to make compelling music.|
Key tracks: 1, 3, 6, 9, 10. FCC VIOLATION on 3.
** 1) Sparkly (3:40): Slow crawling track with really interesting clinking percussion and cool drums. Most of vocals are wordless, but sound great.
2) Slip Time (2:45): Bizarre electric beat
**3) You With Air (3:31): FCC VIOLATION—“shit” used once, “fuck” used once. Catchy electronic riff. Pity there’s a violation here.
4) Yalam (1:55): Short Drum-heavy track.
5) Jam Karet (3:22): Reminds me of Passion Pit's “Sleepyhead”, but slower. No sound for last five seconds of the song.
**6) Night in the Ocean (4:12): Garage-y electronic slow burner that transforms at approximately 3:00 into a very pretty guitar-and-vocal-harmony ditty. The last minute really makes the song shine.
7) Watch for Our Lights (1:50): Repetitive electronic riff and repetitive lyric, ends abruptly (but at 1:50 exactly).
8) The Dancer (3:50): Another track made interesting by its percussion, which changes beat throughout the song in really jarring but interesting ways (especially during the verse-to-chorus transition). At 3:23 the song essentially ends, leaving only ambient noise to fade out.
**9) Cavalry (2:03): an electronic take on the “epic soundtrack” style. Something I’d picture in a futuristic version of a Lord of the Rings movie.
**10) Sanctuary (3:26): Chimes in this song are great, pretty vocal refrain. Transitions very well into the next track.
11) Drawing Down the Moon (3:57): Softer song in comparison to the rest of the record with desperate knocking drumbeat that adds edge to it.
|1.||Sparkly||6.||Night In The Ocean|
|2.||Slip Time||7.||Watch For Our Lights|
|3.||You With Air||8.||The Dancer|
|11.||Drawing Down The Moon.|