|Strifler, Volker / Let The Music Rise|
|Album:||Let The Music Rise||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-02-25||Pull Date:||2012-04-28|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||18 Mar||4 Mar|
|1.||Apr 20, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Let The Music Rise
|4.||Mar 01, 2012:||Sunshine . . . on a Rainy Afternoon! |
|2.||Mar 15, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Going To Brownsville
|5.||Feb 29, 2012:||Everyday Commotion |
The Great Escape
|3.||Mar 01, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Let The Music Rise
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Germany-born, northern Calif. resident Strifler is a great guitarist with a strong voice and a solid backing band. He covers lots of territory including rock, blues, jazz employing guitar, bass, drums, keys, horns. Former member of Ford Blues Band. Strong stuff. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: All.
1. (4:17) Mid. Sleepy John Estes song. Upbeat, nice guitar, strong vocal, steady beat.
2. (4:10) Mid / Fast. Urgent pacing, horns, backing vocals, funky and rockin’.
3. (5:06) Mid. Caribbean Island sounds, horns, drums with big cymbals. Nice.
4. (2:37) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Jazzy blues, with cool guitar, tuba, easy-going.
5. (3:22) Mid. Piano, guitar predominate, pounding drums. Southern rock / blues stylings.
6. (3:20) Mid / Fast. Channelling John Hammond with some kick-ass guitar, rockin’ deep blues.
7. (4:12) Mid. Sparse at first, then band. Taj Mahal-ish. Fun and easy-going porch tune.
8. (4:51) Mid. Drums, guitar, keys, horns shine on this barroom groover.
9. (4:24) Mid. Upbeat jazzy guitar, gets rockin’ with backing vocals
10. (2:32) Fast. INSTRUMENTAL. Upbeat party time. Jamming guitar, driving beat, organ.
|1.||Going To Brownsville||6.||Let The Music Rise|
|2.||The Great Escape||7.||It's Getting Late|
|3.||Redemption||8.||Last Night I Had A Dream|
|4.||Jigsaw Puzzle Blues||9.||When Daylight Comes|
|5.||What A Minute||10.||Hoogie Boogie|