The Grayces are a punk/rock trio from Nashville, Tennessee. Vocals are female, and typically punk (kind of sounds like a louder Patti Smith at times though). Some of the songs are too much alike in my opinion, the riffs and vocals are too repetitive for me (but I guess that’s inherent to punk rock). Track 2 is highly recommended.
FCC spotted (track 5).
1. Ricky : Fast paced, repetitive guitar riff with sharp female vocals. Nice guitar solo near the end. (2:56)
2. Eleanor : Very catchy bass-line which comes up periodically (kind of sounds like the Misfits intro for those who know). Simple guitar riff in the background. (3:10)
3. Pocket of Plans: Whining guitar, more slow-paced. Echoing vocals all along. Grows increasingly louder. (3:24)
4. No Sense In Crying: Kind of bluesy sound to this one. Simple but effective deeper bass-line. Occasionally breaks into a faster, punk chorus. (3:26)
5. Like The Way: Sounds more like rock. Guitar riff follows the vocals. Kind of repetitive in my opinion. Nice explosive ending though. One FCC? (”Ass”). (2:53)
6. Tornado: Same vocal/guitar pairing, with occasional bursts of noise. Very nice guitar solo near the middle though. (3:01)
7. Murder in the 1st Degree: Same style, fast paced, but ghostly at times. (3:08)
8. Groping in The Dark: Nice tune to this one. Fast paced riffs with shouting vocals. Good one to dance to, I figure. (2:22)
9. Your Mom: Doubtful lyrics... Same jumpy rhythmic structure as the other songs. The chorus is kind of catchy too. (2:25)
10. Climate Sound : Interesting and very different track. Ambient sounds with a barking dog. Kind of ethereal. After about two minutes, a piano comes in, growing in intensity. Ends with crickets and train whistles. (3:11)