|Magnetic Fields, The / Love At The Bottom Of The Sea|
|Album:||Love At The Bottom Of The Sea||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Magnetic Fields, The||Added:||02/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-03-24||Pull Date:||2012-05-26|
|Week Ending:||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr|
|1.||Thu, 17 Dec 15:||Miss Secretary|
|4.||Thu, 03 Jan 13:||miss information|
Top 100 Albums of 2012
|2.||Tue, 24 Dec 13:||Mister Esquire|
|5.||Tue, 01 Jan 13:||Mister Esquire|
Meow: The Best Of 2012
|3.||Sat, 11 May 13:||Merricat McGee|
Sphagna Rhianna Arcadia
|6.||Wed, 27 Jun 12:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
Indie-rock. Brilliant lyrically, brilliant musically—truly wide range of different instruments. Try any song on this record, but I recommend 1, 2, 11, 12, 15. POSSIBLE FCC VIOLATION on track 3, because the lyrics may be considered obscene, but I could be wrong so listen for yourself.|
**1) God Wants Us to Wait (2:06): Very catchy beat, mid-tempo song about holding off on sex (not obscene though).
**2) Andrew in Drag (2:13): Mid-tempo indie country feel. Funny lyrics, “the only girl I’ve ever loved is Andrew in drag”
3) Your Girlfriend’s Face (2:20): FCC QUESTIONABLE due to possibly obscene content. Electronic beat, about hiring a hitman to attack the singer’s former lover and her new man.
4) Born for Love (2:39): Slow, heavy track with strings.
5) I’d Go Anywhere with Hugh (2:08): Slow, folksy
6) Infatuation (with your Gyration) (2:12): Faster, has an odd eighties feel
7) The Only Boy in Town (2:35): Plodding, vocals sound almost like Beach Boys.
8) The Machine in Your Hand (2:24): Garage and synth-y sounds, interesting play between the male and female vocals.
9) Goin’ Back to the Country (2:01): Country-ish song with electronic and synth sounds.
10) I’ve Run Away to Join the Fairies (2:17): Slow, darker.
**11) The Horrible Party (2:07): Funny calliope feel for a song with such frightening lyrics.
**12) My Husband’s Pied-A-Terre (2:05): Starts slower, stripped down. Mostly piano/vocals with occasional bass beat and ambient noise. Then develops into a garage-rocker. Ends cold.
13) I Don’t Like Your Tone (2:08): Eastern feel, like a more American version of the Beatles’ “Within You Without You”
14) Quick! (2:28): Slow Garage-y beat, synth based.
**15) All She Cares About is Mariachi (2:38): Lots of computer-generated noise, garage sounds underlay Mariachi-Indie guitar licks and vocals.