Stefano Esposito: Under the Sea Label: Apparel Music
Wow. I thought they didn't make house music like this anymore. But credit goes to Stefano Esposito and the Apparel Music crew for bringing back CLASSIC DEEP HOUSE the way they used to make it in Chicago & Detroit. There is gorgeous synths, soulful vocals & spiritual samples, and elegance in its simplicity. This is like a modern time machine that transports you to the 80s & 90s, and once you're there and steppin' to this music, you ain't comin' back. Try all, but especially #1, 3, 9.
1. Deep and classic old-school Chicago style house. Big crisp beats with a catchy hook. Love.
2. A loopy track with soul vox sample and swirly hi-hats over a thumpy house beat
3. Soulful & sexy! Gorgeous synth washes, Male R&B vocal with a few sci-fi samples, classic deep house
4. Beat-down style, slowed but still thumpy beats, chill synths, mellow & deep
5. A party-track here, classic disco loops w/ funky samples, get down & groovy
6. Another partying track here, shouts & claps & catchy loops, can't get more classic house than this
7. So nice… lovely soft synths, thump beats, a few funky effects, not too fast, all good
8. Remix of #7 - doesn't change it too much - just good straight up deep house
9. Great Remix of #7 - very spiritual remix with wonderful synths and little loopy effects - I love this one