|Pilgrim / Misery Wizard|
|Add Date:||2012-03-17||Pull Date:||2012-05-19||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||1 Apr||18 Mar|
|1.||Apr 21, 2012:||Catharsis |
|3.||Mar 17, 2012:||Catharsis - St. Paddy's night |
|2.||Mar 31, 2012:||Catharsis |
When the utter despair of your wretched, meaningless life coagulates into an singular mass of agony and then crushes you beneath its ruthless heaviness, the resulting sound is probably similar to Doom Metal. Pilgrim, Rhode Island’s new representatives of the genre, seem to know this very well, and they simply don’t fuck around. This is epic and operatic in the style of Candlemass or Solitude Aeturnus, with lumbering guitar riffs creating a consistently menacing atmosphere while the singer croons with a crystal-clear yet otherworldly tenor. If this kind of music were in horror movie soundtracks, the movies might actually be scary once in a while.|
For fans of BLACK SABBATH, Reverend Bizarre, Warning, Saint Vitus
FCC Clean - every song kicks ass
1. (6:33) Eerie medieval riff steadily pounding away. Thick old-school doom groove. Perfect tune for a seance in a graveyard under a full moon.
2. (10:44) Slowww morbid funeral march
3. (9:52) Absolutely massive riffs dragging along at a grueling pace, with some twin-guitar harmonies here and there. Galloping Sabbath-esque bridge midway through as a brief reprieve from the endless slowwwww
4. (11:00) Just when you thought they couldn’t get any slower…
5. (4:52) Faster, shorter (but no less dark) 6/8 rock n roll
6. (12:54) …and then they get even slower and epic as fuck, with a totally evil demon-summoning ritual chant in the middle.
|1.||Astaroth||4.||Masters Of The Sky|