|Soft Tags / Suit Of Lights|
|Album:||Suit Of Lights||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-04-07||Pull Date:||2012-06-09|
|Week Ending:||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr||15 Apr|
|1.||Sat, 11 May 13:||Merricat McGee|
Sphagna Rhianna Arcadia
|4.||Wed, 16 May 12:||Karpediem|
Seize the Sounds
|2.||Tue, 22 May 12:||Francis D|
|5.||Wed, 09 May 12:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind (Special Guest MC KravKakes)
|3.||Wed, 16 May 12:||Matty K|
The Independent Mind
|6.||Wed, 09 May 12:||Karpediem|
Seize the Sounds
Indie rock. Interesting use of instruments atypical of the genre, particularly the glockenspiel and autoharp. Standout tracks include 2, 5, 9 but any are good to play. FCC CLEAN.|
1) Suit of Lights (4:30): Mid-tempo indie rock. Song sounds a little reminiscent of The Clash.
**2) Many Hands (3:14): fast-paced rock with cool use of glockenspiel
3) Cut the Right Wire (4:48): slow acoustic tune. Joined by viola and other percussion in the chorus.
4) They Live By Night (3:48): uptempo indie rock
**5) Coat of Arms (7:36): Galloping drumbeat alongside a slow guitar lick and slow vocals.
6) Secret Policemen (1:44): Fast tempo, lots of distorted guitar
7) A Charge in the Batteries (4:38): Starts with 30 seconds of airy whistling/high pitch noises, so consider starting at 0:30. Slow and brooding indie, vocals are Bowie-esque.
8) Number Six (5:13): Slower song, airy feel, glockenspiel solo at around 3 minutes that turns into distorted guitar, which exerts itself throughout the rest of the verses. Actual song ends around 4:50 and then becomes ambient noise.
**9) Chimes (4:00): Straightforward indie rock. Ironically, no chimes. There is some autoharp though, which is pretty cool.
10) Plaza De George Orwell (4:24): First 43 seconds are ambient noises overlaid by string instruments. Then turns into a slow instrumental that showcases the band’s wide instrumental variety. Returns to the ambient noise at 4:00, so consider ending the track there.
|1.||Suit Of Lights||6.||Secret Policemen|
|2.||Many Hands||7.||A Charge In The Batteries|
|3.||Cut The Right Wire||8.||#6|
|4.||They Live By Night||9.||Chimes|
|5.||Coat Of Arms||10.||Placa De George Orwell|