|Worm Ouroboros / Come The Thaw|
|Album:||Come The Thaw||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-04-21||Pull Date:||2012-06-24||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||17 Jun||10 Jun||29 Apr||22 Apr|
|1.||Thu, 10 Jul 14:||Dark Emperor|
Sounds of the Underworld
|4.||Sat, 09 Jun 12:||Kane|
The Mongrel's Stoop
|2.||Thu, 03 Oct 13:||The Grunt|
|5.||Thu, 26 Apr 12:||Sonny Sue|
Nothin' To Do
|3.||Fri, 15 Jun 12:||Adam & Luke|
|6.||Wed, 25 Apr 12:||Your Imaginary Friend|
Local SF trio delves into some gloomy, spacious doom/post-rock, wandering in an ethereal realm that isn’t quite heavy but not the opposite either. Features members of Agalloch, Amber Asylum, World Eater, and more. Fans of Agalloch will dig the driting, foggy sound of these sparse and somber songs. The guitarist and bassist sing in trembling, mournful falsettos. Very spacious and airy stuff, slow and drenched in reverb; it evokes the forests of the Pacific Northwest in a similar way to the latest Wolves In The Throne Room LP. Hits the spot if you like the lighter side of Pelican, Isis, even Jesu. |
FCC clean. Play any track!
1. (10:35) Hovering synth tones and melancholy priestess incantations eventually joined by post-rock guitars that come down into some heavy depths for a while.
2. (7:19) starts out so quiet it would be drowned out by a noisy SF crowd, but gradually gathers momentum.
3. (7:52) Quiet, hushed ballad, really minimal arpeggios, drums absent.
4. (9:32) Dark and brooding funeral ballad, lonely minor key contemplation, the riffs slowly lumber somewhere into doom territory
5. (7:32) (you get the idea by now…) starts out light, crescendos into something massive and epic.
6. (7:53) sort and delicate trance, no drums at all
|1.||Ruined Ground||4.||When We Are Gold|
|3.||Release Your Days||6.||Penumbra|