|Breton / Other People's Problems|
|Album:||Other People's Problems||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-06-16||Pull Date:||2012-08-19|
|Week Ending:||29 Jul||22 Jul||1 Jul|
|1.||Jul 26, 2012:||Cognitive Dissonance |
Governing Correctly, Wood And Plastic
|3.||Jul 19, 2012:||Cognitive Dissonance |
|2.||Jul 26, 2012:||QuestionAir |
|4.||Jun 30, 2012:||Modern Donkey |
Electronica. Influences from rock and hip-hop. Favorite tracks 2, 5, 6, 7, 10. FCCs: 1|
1) Pacemaker (3:51): electronic beats over violin. FCC VIOLATION (?): Noted as a track with a violation on the album cover, but I couldn’t seem to figure out where it was (the vocals are pretty unclear at points)...
**2) Electrician (3:00): midtempo electronica. Cool interlude with claps around 1:52.
3) Edward the Confessor (3:08): Midtempo electronica. Strong fullness of sound.
4) 2 Years (4:05): Slow, airy. Turns into helicoptorish noises at around 3:50, so consider ending the track here.
**5) Wood and Plastic (2:40): Fast-paced, bass-led. More of a rock feel than the electronic feel that has been characteristic of this album.
**6) Governing Correctly (3:51): Solid bassline, just a solid tune overall.
**7) Interference (3:40): Cool computer noises, then fills out in terms of instruments. My head can’t help but bob. Probably my favorite track on the record.
8) Ghost Note (4:32): Frantic piano leads into a cool beat. Lots of fuzzy synth.
9) Oxides (3:59): Cool harp sample to open. Distinct hip-hop feel at the outset, then becomes a lot more synthy.
**10) Jostle (3:58): The closest thing to straight-up indie rock on the album, without losing its electronic touch. Lots of very (pleasing) creative stuff going on here in terms instrumentation, vocal patterns, tempos changes, and simple variety of genres.
11) The Commission (4:57): Slow, ambient, echo-y.
|3.||Edward The Confessor||8.||Ghost Note|
|5.||Wood And Plastic||10.||Jostle|