|Moonface / Heartbreaking Bravery (With Siinai)|
|Album:||Heartbreaking Bravery (With Siinai)||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-11-04||Pull Date:||2013-01-06|
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||18 Nov||11 Nov|
|1.||Feb 22, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Nov 29, 2012:||A Family Affair |
|2.||Dec 13, 2012:||Spider Rave |
|5.||Nov 17, 2012:||Music Casserole |
Quickfire, I Tried
|3.||Dec 08, 2012:||The Deadly Tango |
Lay Your Cheek On Down
|6.||Nov 17, 2012:||The Base of A Dream is Empty |
Kickin’ alien jams. Spenser Krug (Wolf Parade, Sunset Rubdown, Frog Eyes, etc.) teams up with Finnish rock band Siinai, to release his second full LP under the name Moonface. Heartbreaking Bravery trips from futuristic tribal music to dreamy space-voyage soundtrack to astronaut rock. Slow resonant drums, distorted guitar, bright piano and wild static synths crash together, creating a graceful out-of-this-world atmosphere. Krug belts emotionally raw lyrics over the pulsating rhythms to make the galactic rock more accessible. Definite Talking Heads influence – but with a lot more synth.|
Extraterrestrial, sometimes industrial, and always beautiful. Highly recommend.
Highlights: 1, 3, 4, 7.
1. Heartbreaking Bravery (5:38): Slow reverb-drenched hammering of kick and snare, uplifting minimal piano and floating synth trills. Triumphant solace.
2. Yesterday’s Fire (5:05): Repetition of distorted guitar, drum and bass builds into a climax of screaming synth and uplifting piano. Fades into…
3. Shitty City (4:01): Lengthy intro of percussive synths tangled with bird-like feedback. Gradually morphs into verse and chorus and then out with the synths and feedback. FCCs every chorus.
4. Quickfire, I Tried (5:53): Mesmerizing electric piano, conga drums, and echoing vocals—quick fire!—generate a cathedral atmosphere.
5. I’m Not The Phoenix Yet (2:47): Ghostly wahwahed synths pan back and forth overtop metallic drums and intense distorted guitar.
6. 10,000 Scorpions (2:10): Interlude of metal-detector chirps and spacey, Celtic synths.
7. Faraway Lightning (4:45): Ohh Ohh Ohh! Krug wails over bass-heavy tribal drums, theramine synth and electric horn hits.
8. Headed For The Door (7:39): Relaxing synth, sustained strings, tambourine and crunchy toms with high-pitched woodblock pops. One FCC.
9. Teary Eyes and Bloody Lips (2:45): Muted bass, laser sounds and other sci-fi noise—space rock.
10. Lay Your Cheek On Down (5:37): Soundscapes, jazz piano trills, maracas, lethargic drums and a synth overwhelmed with static. Put your lighters up! Arena rock ballad.
|1.||Heartbreaking Bravery||6.||10,000 Scorpions|
|2.||Yesterday's Fire||7.||Faraway Lightning|
|3.||Shitty City||8.||Headed For The Door|
|4.||Quickfire, I Tried||9.||Teary Eyes And Bloody Lips|
|5.||I'm Not The Phoenix Yet||10.||Lay Your Cheek On Down|