|Brun, Ane / It All Starts With One|
|Album:||It All Starts With One||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Brun, Ane||Added:||Apr 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-06-16||Pull Date:||2012-08-19|
|Week Ending:||Aug 12||Jul 29||Jul 15||Jul 1||Jun 24|
|1.||Jan 02, 2013:||Meow After Midnight: The Best Of 2012 |
|4.||Jul 26, 2012:||The conscious Soul |
Do You Remember, Worship
|2.||Aug 09, 2012:||The Conscious SOul |
Lifeline, Do You Remember
|5.||Jul 13, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Do You Remember
|3.||Jul 26, 2012:||A Mind Redefined |
The Light From One, Worship
|6.||Jul 12, 2012:||The conscious Soul |
Worship, These Days
Ane Brun / “It All Starts With One” / Pias America|
Impressive Scandinavian vocalist - even if you don’t like the style, the vocals are very strong, she’s definitely a singer first. Signature eerie vocals, piercing, chilling, often mid-upper register. Lovely moody pieces, often with just piano, minimal guitar, or synth backing the vocals. Sounds range from minimal folk, to downtempo, to the occasional upbeat track (really just #4). Some sound a bit similar, at least in the first couple of listens. Lots of sparse, contemplative pieces - not for those with poppier shows.
No FCCs detected.
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 9
Individual tracks reviewed inside.
1. * 4:38 Organ, gentle vocals, echoey, evokes nighttime. Sad but nice.
2. 4:25 Sparse, eerie folksier feel. Occasional harmonies, mostly minimal, some strings.
3. * 6:00 Features Jose Gonzalez. Acoustic guitar, moody soundbed. Different melody intertwined, not sure it really fits, but song is nice in general.
4. * 3:12 Midtempo, tribal-ish beat/feel, vaguely upbeat - a nice change.
5. 4:36 Piano, slow beat, eerie, pretty.
6. 3:04 Sparse guitar/background, mostly vocals, slow, minimal, pretty.
7. 3:19 Mid piano tempo, kinda Regina Spektor-ish, quirky, dramatic.
8. 5:21 Downtempo, piano sounds a bit cheesy/dramatic at times, but I actually like it. Nice “oohs”, but super sad sound, like someone-may-have-died sad.
9. * 4:18 Strummed guitar, folksy sparrow-like vocals, sweet, longing.
10. 6:31 Echoey piano, sparse sound, builds a bit, kind of plain but nice.
|3.||Worship||8.||The Light From One|
|4.||Do You Remember||9.||Oh Love|
|5.||What's Happening With You And Him||10.||Undertow|