|Leggett Brothers, The / I'm Going Home|
|Album:||I'm Going Home||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Leggett Brothers, The||Added:||04/2012|
|Label:||Tooter Scooter Music Publishing (Bmi)|
|Add Date:||2012-05-05||Pull Date:||2012-07-08||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||1 Jul||17 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||13 May|
|1.||Dec 26, 2019:||Clean Copper Radio & Gospel! |
My Soul Says Yes
|4.||Jun 10, 2012:||ReJOYce In Jesus Ministries Presents Lift Jesus Higher |
Jesus I Love You
|2.||Dec 24, 2019:||Brian Canada DEMO (Mellow Fellow) |
Close To You
|5.||May 27, 2012:||Lift Jesus Higher |
Stand By Me
|3.||Jun 24, 2012:||ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries presents Lift Jesus Higher |
The Goodness Of Jesus
|6.||May 20, 2012:||ReJOYce In Jesus Ministries Presents Lift Jesus Higher |
Stand By Me
The Leggett Brothers/I'm Going Home/Tooter Scooter Music (BMI)|
The Leggett Brothers are a San Jose group of 6 literal brothers, sons of the late Reverend Johnnie Leggett. They play and sing bluesy, old-school R&B gospel quartet style music. The bass guitar, organ, and guitar are prevalent in each song with smooth background vocals. Favorite tracks are: 3, 6, 8, 11 NO FCC.
1. 5:36 - Song is album title track. Traditional gospel quartet style. Med tiempo groove. Organ prominent throughout.
2. 4:56 - Old-school R&B ballad, reminiscent of the early work of the Winans brothers. This song is a remake/retool of the Boyz to Men song "A song for Mama." Female vocalist appears toward the middle/end of song.
3. 4:30 - Another ballad, peristent organ, guitar, and bass throughout. Main lead male vocalist.
4. 3:56 - Upbeat, similar in style to the Canton Spirituals, lead singer tells a story in the middle of the song.
5. 3:00 - slow groove, leader singer intros song with spoken part, guitar prominent throughout with nice licks in between singing parts.
6. 4:33 - Song begins with a dramatic punchy short bass, guitar, organ, musical intro then settles into a more simple and upbeat rhythm.
7. 5:45 - R&Besque ballad, electric piano intro and at 0:39 it sounds like the song stops, but it is just a breakdown. At the end they use a sample from a popular R&B song.
8. 4:51 - Medium tempo, upbeat song. They flip the song and change the style to be more funky midway through.
9. 4:41 - Another old-school R&B slow ballad in the style of the early 90s Winans brothers. Piano can be heard more in this song than others.
10. 4:06 - 15 second swelling intro that leads into a medium groove. Guitar prominent throughout. Nice bassline!
11. 5:21 - Lead singer talks during the intro. Song is a med/slow ballad.
Review by Kesha
|1.||I'm Going Home||6.||Stand By Me|
|2.||Tribute To Daddy||7.||Close To You|
|3.||Jesus I Love You||8.||My Soul Says Yes|
|4.||I Know He Lives||9.||Try Jesus|
|5.||The Goodness Of Jesus||10.||Where Will You Run|
|11.||Without God I Can Do Nothing|