|Cooper, Scott / A Leg Trick|
|Album:||A Leg Trick||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-05-12||Pull Date:||2012-07-15|
|Week Ending:||15 Jul||1 Jul||10 Jun||27 May|
|1.||Jul 13, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Nothin Comes For Free
|3.||Jun 08, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Dance The Night
|2.||Jun 29, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||May 26, 2012:||no voices aloud |
Caboose On The Loose
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Santa Cruz- based Cooper releases an album with varying sounds of New Orleans, blues, jazz, rock and Grateful Dead, with a few short jammy phrases. Some nice moments and solid playing throughout. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 5, 10.
1. (4:41) Mid. Has that down-south vibe, with solid horns, piano, drums. NIce.
2. *(2:56) Mid / Fast. Upbeat, galloping beat, killer slide. Both old-timey and barroom sounding. Solid.
3. *(4:10) Mid. Bluesy, slight zydeco with frottoir, backing vocals.
4. (4:23) Mid. Grateful Dead stylings. Easy-going vibe, big drums, bass, guitar solos.
5. *(4:00) Mid. Upbeat, jazzy, country blues a la Taj and Dr. John with piano, wah-wah guitar, cool drumbeat. Nice.
6. (3:03) Slow / Mid. HInt of Allman Bros. at first, then that New Orleans mood. Nice female backing vocals. Solid guitar, drums, piano.
7. (3:59) Mid. Dead vibe right down to the vocals.
8. (6:24) Mid. Driving beat, jammy barroom sound.
9. (6:15) Slow / Mid. Warren Zevon classic. Organ, slow, plodding beat, nice guitar work.
10. *(3;38) Mid / Fast. INSTRUMENTAL. Country flair with pedal steel, killer, phrenetic beat and a jammy phrase.
11. (3;44) Mid. Slow, sparse intro, then band. Really Dead-ish, driving, loud and jammy.
|1.||Dance The Night||6.||So Right So Long|
|2.||Down In The Slough||7.||Playing My Part|
|3.||Golden Coconut||8.||Play Her Song|
|4.||Girl In The Garden||9.||Accidentally Like A Martyr|
|5.||Nothin Comes For Free||10.||Caboose On The Loose|