|Various Artists / Boston Blues Works Volume 1|
|Album:||Boston Blues Works Volume 1||Collection:||Blues|
|Label:||Boston Blues Works|
|Add Date:||2012-05-12||Pull Date:||2012-07-15||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||15 Jul||24 Jun||27 May|
|1.||Apr 07, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|4.||Jul 06, 2021:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|2.||Feb 22, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|5.||Jul 18, 2012:||Summer Session |
Sho Nuff I Do
|3.||Jan 02, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|6.||Jul 17, 2012:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
No Blow, No Show
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Strong collection of various blues styles. Various artists covering some classic blues tunes. Mostly female vocals. Lots of harmonica and piano. Solid. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: All.
1. (3:31) Mid. Upbeat, piano stroll, plodding beat, harmonica.
2. (3:23) Mid. Rapid-fire guitar licks, harmonica breaks, steady rollin’ beat.
3. (4:15) Mid. Soulful vocal delivery, mournful and moving.
4. (2:31) Mid. Upbeat, driving with nice guitar work, great singing.
5. (4:04) Slow / Mid. Down-tempo, killer bass and piano, guitar. Strong female vocal.
6. (3:26) Mid / Fast. Driving r’n’r blues number. Strong beat, nice piano, guitar.
7. (4:30) Slow. Dirge with funktified keys, nice vocal delivery.
8. (3:33) Mid. Classic Willie Dixon song. Mean bass, funky keys, plodding beat, nice vocals.
9. (5:47) Slow / Mid. Tracy Chapman song. Down-home blues, nice harmonica, keys.
10. (3:57) Mid. Mean guitar, howlin’ harmonica, killer beat, strong vocal.
11. (4:22) Slow. Beautiful female vocal. Easy beat, subdued piano and guitar.