|Zammuto / Zammuto|
|Label:||Temporary Residence Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2012-06-16||Pull Date:||2012-08-19||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||12 Aug||29 Jul||15 Jul||24 Jun|
|1.||May 14, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
Groan Man, Don't Cry
|4.||Nov 01, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Jan 10, 2013:||The Sunset Life (2012 in Review) |
|5.||Oct 25, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
Groan Man, Don't Cry
|3.||Dec 08, 2012:||Buford J. Sharkley's Top of 2012 Tracks Whatever |
|6.||Aug 08, 2012:||ThermoNuclear Bar |
Experimental/Rock/Robotic funk |
Having finished his work as one half of the crazy experimental group The Books, Nick Zammuto has released this audacious, angry, incredibly frenetic album under his own name. These songs constantly push towards anthem status and/or pure ridiculousness, and the results are never less than thrilling. Particularly recommended: 1, 2, 7, 8, 10.
1. *(3:39)—If anyone can turn skittish percussion and cut-up, wordless vocals into an anthem, Zammuto can do it, and he does it with this song.
2. *(6:01)—Medium-fast robotic funk with a chorus that threatens to push the song toward a massive climax.
3. (3:56)—The intro, once again, leans toward a climax. The song, however, is more like Zammuto’s twisted version of a ballad, led by medium-slow jazz-like percussion.
4. (0:38)—Warped sample of a jazz record.
5. (3:30)—Mid-tempo. Robotic vocals and swirls of sci-fi sounds. Ends with acoustic guitar.
6. (3:39)—Warped, mid-tempo electronic funk with an unusual employment of Auto-Tune. Favorite lyric: “Woo-hoo, you’re my tax return / Woo-hoo, you’re my 1099a, yeah.”
7. *(3:56)—80s sci-fi movie techno music with lyrics rapped by what sounds like a computer’s synthesized speaker.
8. *(3:40)— Deep, skittish, medium-fast beats with manipulated harmonies. In the middle, the song descends into nearly danceable chaos for a bit.
9. (5:50)—This slow, ominous song shifts through several minimal parts. Halfway in, the music begins to build, but finished with a minute of percussion.
10. *(4:32)—A beautiful, agitated, melancholy mid-tempo piece filled with strings and all sorts of bells and chimes.
11. (3:21)—A slow, meditative, percussion-less piece that pulls back from the frustrated energy of the rest of the album and ends on a manipulated harmony.
|1.||Yay||6.||Too Late To Toplogize|
|2.||Groan Man, Don't Cry||7.||Zebra Butt|
|3.||Idiom Wind||8.||Weird Ceiling|
|5.||F U C-3po||10.||The Shape Of Things To Come|