|Leftover Salmon / Aquatic Hitchhiker|
|Artist:||Leftover Salmon||Added:||May 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-07-21||Pull Date:||2012-09-23|
|Week Ending:||Sep 23||Sep 16||Sep 9||Sep 2||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12||Aug 5|
|1.||Jan 07, 2020:||That's Not Bluegrass |
|4.||Sep 21, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Sing Up To The Moon
|2.||Oct 05, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Sep 16, 2012:||Sunny Side Up |
Light Behind The Rain
|3.||Dec 04, 2012:||That's Not Bluegrass |
Gulf Of Mexico
|6.||Sep 09, 2012:||Sunny Side Up |
Sing Up To The Moon
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
First album by the Salmon in 8 years. Originally formed in Boulder, CO in 1989, they were one of the first “jam grass” bands, playing bluegrass with drums and jamming. This is their first album with all original songs featuring standard bluegrass instrumentation as well as percussion, accordion, piano. Solid stuff throughout. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10.
1. *(3:16) Mid. Big beat, funky. Nice mandolin, piano solos.
2. (3:59) Fast. Bluegrassy w/ hyperspeed banjo and mandolin, driving and jammy.
3. *(2:40) Mid / Fast. Bright island vibe. Cool banjo, organ, mandolin.
4. *(3:28) Mid / Fast. INSTRUMENTAL. Title track. Dreamy w/ sustained cymbals, then gets rockin’.
5. (3:45) Mid. Feel good vibe, zydeco w/ accordion. Harmonizing.
6. *(4:14) Mid. Upbeat, rockin’ country vibe w/ jammin’ phrase.
7. *(5:29) Slow / Mid. Big sound, big beat, cool organ, gets jammy w/ guitar solo.
8. *(3:23) Mid / Fast. Everyone rockin’, banjo goes off, mandolin too. Fiddle solo. Wow.
9. (3:02) Mid. Bluesy, country song, tambourine, percussion. Cello??
10. *(3:14) Mid / Fast. Solid bluegrassy vibe. Fiddle, mandolin anchoring.
11. (4:12) Mid. Mellower, plodding w/ nice banjo, brushes, fiddle.
12. (5:56) Mid. Rock beat w/ elec guitar, easy-going in parts, jammy.
|1.||Gulf Of Mexico||7.||Light Behind The Rain|
|2.||Keep Driving||8.||Stop All Your Worrying|
|4.||Aquatic Hitchhiker||10.||Kentucky Skies|
|5.||Bayou Town||11.||Gone For Long|
|6.||Sing Up To The Moon||12.||Here Comes The Night|