|El Khatib, Hanni / Will The Guns Come Out|
|Album:||Will The Guns Come Out||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||El Khatib, Hanni||Added:||05/2012|
|Label:||Innovative Leisure Records|
|Add Date:||2012-07-15||Pull Date:||2012-09-16|
|Week Ending:||29 Jul||22 Jul|
|1.||Mar 08, 2016:||The Library |
|3.||Jul 20, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Jul 28, 2012:||Bouge Mood |
|4.||Jul 19, 2012:||QuestionAir |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Debut from San Francisco native of Palestinian and Philippine descent. He plays lots of different styles that seem to blend into one another. Mostly hard-ish edge - garage, R’n’R (50’s), slight punk-ish attitude. It’s got a lot of that Black Keys sound. All songs kick ass. FCC’s #2, 3, 4. “These songs were written for anyone who’s ever been shot or hit by a train. Knife fight music.” - El Khatib.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11.
1. *(1:26) Mid. Spoken-sung chant w/ handclaps over maddening sounds.
2. (2:58) Mid. FCC. Crunchy elec guitar, echoey vocals w/ back vocals, rock ‘n’roll.
3. (3:11) Mid. FCC’s. Reverby crunchy guitar,
4. (3:28) Mid. FCC. Cool daddy-o, 50’s-ish r’n’r, handclaps, upbeat.
5. *(2:35) Mid. Heavy, plodding beat, slight echo vocal, driving, strong vocal delivery.
6. *(2:38) Mid. Guitar and vocal workout w/ cameo tambourine. Back vocal.
7. *(3:12) Slow / Mid. ‘Heartbreak Hotel’. Sparse w/ guitar, banjo, fingersnaps. Killer.
8. (3:57) Slow / Mid. Ballad, really nice, minimal and nice.
9. *(3:54) Mid. Vocal and elec guitar, song about his ‘garbage city’, back vocals, feedback and rock out toward end.
10. *(2:21) Mid. Crunchy guitar, reverby vocal, drums, edgy and kick-ass.
11. *(2:00) Mid / Fast. Driving, punk-ish, back vocals, handclaps, drums.
|1.||Will The Guns Come Out||6.||Loved One|
|2.||Build, Destroy, Rebuild||7.||Heartbreak Hotel|
|3.||Fuck It, You Win||8.||Wait Wait Wait|
|4.||Dead Wrong||9.||Garbage City|
|5.||Come Alive||10.||You Rascal You|
|11.||I Got A Thing|