|Add Date:||2013-02-09|| ||Pull Date:||2013-04-14|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||17 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb|
Artist: The 2 Bears|
Album: Be Strong
Label: Southern Fried Records/ DFA Records
Poppy, goofy, upbeat electronica mixed with house and 2-step. Lots of keyboards, simple drum beats, soft male vocals or dark bear like males vocals. Use of horns, steel drums, shakers, and xylophones. Happy for the most part, with short snippets of melancholy interjection so you can have enough time to smile to all your friends dancing around you. The 2 Bears is made of Joe Goddard (Hot Chip) and Raf Rundell. First album. Annie Mac gives them her seal of approval, but don't take it too seriously.
No FCC's,picks: 1, 5, 6, 10
*1. (4:23) Easy going, floating, steel drums, horns, shimmers, with a calm dance beat and rhythm. Insert "aw oh oh" male vox.
2. (4:43) Cute beat, inspirational male soft vox, claps. Feel good track.
3. (4:06) Simple beat, some synthesizing, *comical* lyrics.
4. (4:23) uptempo, standard beat + groove, keyboard, male + female vox
*5. (3:03) slower, lower frequencies, nice groove, warm and easy-- as the name implies, male vox
*6. (5:17) Encouraging lyrics (Oooh female vox!), bongo drums, xylophone, inviting faster beat. Gets good around 2:45.
7. (4:05) Cheesy, "get high", uptempo and catchy, poppish. Ghoulish.
8. (3:07) This seriously sounds like an educational song for preschoolers. Harmonizing chorus, animals sounds, strange childish giggles
9. (4:21) Clashing sounds but still melodic. Clapping, spinning, fuzzy sounds. Yea…
*10. (5:03) Fast beat, "Hoover Building"! Horns, congas, trailing male story telling
11. (3:53) Simple, but grows later in into plucked strings (sort of). Male reassuring vox
12. (6:02) Happy, fast, high hat, kick drum, return of the steel drums