|Chromatics / Kill For Love|
|Album:||Kill For Love||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Italians Do It Better|
|Add Date:||2012-05-19||Pull Date:||2012-07-22|
|Week Ending:||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun|
|1.||Thu, 09 Nov 17:||agent scully|
|4.||Thu, 18 Apr 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life (Crescendo)
|2.||Thu, 02 Jun 16:||Shay Z|
All Passion No Technique
|5.||Tue, 26 Feb 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|3.||Tue, 10 Mar 15:||DJ SedRocks|
|6.||Fri, 11 Jan 13:||Francis D|
Time Traveler (Top 37 Indie CDs of 2012)
Melancholic driving music. I love Chromatics. With “Night Drive,” they proved that dark disco doesn’t have to be stale and boring. Now, they’re back with another more mature record that’s less pastiche and more substantial. Expect excellent melodies, pop sensitivity, and a lot of vintage synthesizers. Check it out if you like anything on Italians Do It Better.|
1) 5:23 Slowly rocking, slightly melancholic. Hushed rums, simple lyrics.
2) 3:58 * More upbeat, uplifting. Shimmering hi-hats, distant guitars. Cool guitar and synth interplay.
3) 3:42 * Classic Chromatics. Synth pulse, tremolo guitar. Catchy.
4) 3:36 Fast, guitar driven. Simple melody, lots of drive.
5) 5:08 ** Synthesizer layers, beautiful melody. A stunning melancholic pop song. ‘If I could only call you my lady’. Play this.
6) 8:37 Male vocals. Heavily distorted, lots of static. More hesitant, introverted. Becomes more chaotic, improvised towards the end.
7) 7:04 * Sounds like something off the Drive soundtrack. Wait, it is! Instrumental, cinematic
8) 2:30 A dark interlude. A little too dramatic for me.
9) 3:28 Starts ambient and beatless, adds a synth pulse. Not much meat.
10) 7:07 Male vocals again. Slow and soul-searching piano pop.
11) 2:41 Bruce Springsteen with reverb. Lots of static. Distant samples.
12) 4:26 * Quiet pop. Vocals front and center, piano backup. Catchy riff.
13) 5:06 * Heavy, dramatic. Ticking hi-hats, falsetto vocals. Slow.
14) 3:53 Straightforward pop with a cute melody.
15) 4:45 * Instrumental synthesizer adventures. Slow, vinyl crackle.
16) 6:10 Slooow, melancholic pop with piano backdrop. Ticking drums, super typical Chromatics. Beautiful ending.