|Infected Mushroom / Army Of Mushrooms|
|Album:||Army Of Mushrooms||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-05-26||Pull Date:||2012-07-29|
|Week Ending:||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun|
|1.||Tue, 27 Nov 12:||DJ Cat|
|4.||Thu, 26 Jul 12:||Blackadder|
|2.||Thu, 16 Aug 12:||Blackadder|
|5.||Thu, 26 Jul 12:||Alexander Stork|
|3.||Sun, 29 Jul 12:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|6.||Thu, 19 Jul 12:||Blackadder|
Infected Mushroom – Army of Mushrooms|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/23/12
Electronic psych/trance/club/dubstep. Formed in Haifa Israel, the perps now live in LA, but are apparently one of Israel’s best selling groups ever. Profoundly non-acoustic instruments, lots of burpy-farty sounds. Lots of signature changes, which is nice, because a lot of electronic trance/etc sticks with one basic riff and gets BO-ring.
1. 6:06 ***bippity-boppity gronchy little disco groove for a couple of minutes, then fades out to organ line that builds back up to happy woobly boo.
2. 6:28 **swingy midtempo, a bit epic-80’s-Euro-club vibe. Turns into slow dubstep-glitch. Big electronic chord in middle, turns hyper-speed-and-pitch. Then slow woobles, both jittery and mellow.
3. 7:26 **slow parade of little chords, then big, very flatulent frogs… some vocals, I guess in Hebrew? Then more hyperspeed something, back to the disco. Lots of changes. Would be cloying if it weren’t so weird!
4. 4:41 Solid FCCs, repeatedly. Too bad – it’s fun. I wouldn’t even play this during Safe Harbor, though.
5. 7:43 ***peeples and squinks… Then syncopated uptempo funky doodle. Happy and gronky. More lots of changes. Ataris on Blow!
6. 7:03 ***uptempo and very dribbly. Cute little dubstep, then epic Rave, then back to woobles.
7. 3:24 ***aw, so pretty little mellow keyboards, floaty things… But here come the giant frogs and woobles! Pretty female vocals, then slow electronic droid march. Then some shoegaze, and more big noise. Gosh!
8. 6:46 **scary metal giants and woobles. What’s not to like? Gets kinda churchical midway through, then various vocals – kinda Cirque du Soleil-ish for a bit.
9. 5:44 ***low-key squoobles (might sound like nothing in your car radio) then rusty hinges and midtempo club rave beat. Vocals, some with nice psych harmonies. Fun disco beat in some bits, kind of “dance despite your best efforts not to”…
10. 7:12 ****quavery chords, whooshes… Highly processed vocals as part of the instrumentation, uptempo 4/4 march with some dubstep. Fades out and comes back, squeebly as all get-out.
11. 6:35 **high squeebles, pretty male vocals, then hyperspeed squoops, processed vocals. Significant Alt-Rock component. Also something that sounds a whole lot like an actual guitar, and guest vibe by Kurt Cobain channeling Pink Floyd.
12. 6:17 ****very quiet intro, high speed bippity boppity boodle. I suggest you get down on the dance floor, before one of the robots breaks both your legs.
|1.||Never Mind||7.||Wanted To|
|2.||Nothing To Say||8.||Serve My Thirst|
|3.||Send Me An Angel||9.||I Shine|
|4.||U R So Fucked||10.||Drum N Bassa|
|5.||The Rat||11.||The Pretender|
|6.||Nation Of Wusses||12.||Swingish (Bonus Track)|