|Starving Weirdos / Land Lines|
|Album:||Land Lines||Collection:||General 12"|
|Artist:||Starving Weirdos||Added:||May 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-06-02||Pull Date:||2012-08-05||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 15||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24||Jun 17|
|1.||Apr 08, 2015:||minimum entropy ii (KZSU-3) |
|4.||Jan 02, 2013:||2012 Top Classical/Experimental Albums i |
|2.||Aug 16, 2014:||Space House |
|5.||Aug 22, 2012:||Thermonuclear Bar |
In Our Way
|3.||Jan 03, 2013:||Top 100 Albums of 2012 |
|6.||Aug 19, 2012:||Street Hassle |
Starving Weirdos – Land Lines|
Haunting, ethereal hypnosis music. Adam was spot-on in describing their previous record as “Music for walks late at night in solitude”—this album could be the nightmare after that late-night walk. Abstract, psychedelic drone, some mystical krautjazz meditation, futuristic raga, shamanistic soundscapes. A solid roster of guest musicians bring a lot of variety, from Aimee Hennessy’s reverbed mezzo-soprano vox on 1 and 6, plus frequent collaborator Steve Lazar, etc. Play any of these tripped-out five-dimensional jams at any time of day.
RIYL Tangerine Dream, Sun Araw, Zac Nelson, Daughters of the Sun (45 on 33), hallucinogens.
1. (6:12) Cinematic krautrock dreamscape: psychedelic priestess chanting, slow plodding rhythms and outerspace vortex synth.
2. (6:51) Mystical, cavernous ritual of atonal plucked strings; gentle underwater jazz ruminations slowly emerge.
3. (6:51)* nocturnal field recordings and droning, haunting half-melodies. The soundtrack to being abducted by some unknown Lovecraftian terror.
4. (9:01)* kaleidoscopic raga-esque soundbed of bliss, erratic but contemplative
5. (12:48) twinkling toy piano lullaby slowly swallowed up by morbid industrial darkness, scintillating synth speculation
6. (8:06) drifting underwater ritual chant, tribal yet futuristic—the soundtrack to being sacrificed atop a Mayan temple by aliens
(CD BONUS TRACK)
7. (9:43)* droning synth monotony gradually joined by some plodding, faded percussion and sitar jamming.
|1.||In Our Way||4.||Meditator|
|3.||Periods||6.||A Change In The Lexicon|