|Datsik / Vitamin D|
|Add Date:||2012-07-29||Pull Date:||2012-09-30||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||30 Sep||23 Sep||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug|
|1.||Thu, 22 Nov 12:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|4.||Wed, 19 Sep 12:||DJ Mir|
|2.||Sat, 29 Sep 12:||Uncle Steve|
|5.||Thu, 06 Sep 12:||Blackadder|
|3.||Thu, 20 Sep 12:||Blackadder|
|6.||Wed, 29 Aug 12:||O! Susana|
Datsik – Vitamin D|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/25/12
Dubstep from British Columbia. Debut CD from DJ-producer Troy Beetles (good name). Quite ponderous and noisy, which suits me fine. Lots of the sounds are clearly super-processed vocalizations.
FCCs on track 2, and LOTS of FCCs on track 11 and 12.
1. 4:01 ***downtempo, dramatic Dubstep, Atari game noises, grunty stuff. Gnarly!
2. 4:13 FCCs “fuckin” a few times **downtempo hip hop with lots of Dubstep, gruff and rather pointless (IMO) rap.
3. 4:30 ***organ chords and strings intro, then Atari game noises, very slow Dubstep with BIG ol gronches.
4. 4:24 **nicely complex yet cute little riddim, until the deep Dubstep starts. Some of the processed vocalizations are almost recognizable as words, which worries me slightly… Bit of gangsta talk in middle. That actually takes it down a star….
5. 4:53 ***tinkly fairy chimes… Heavy metal vocals. Noisy noises!
6. 4:36 ****slow, slithery. A bit of 80’s Euro-synth vibe, and lots of game noises. This cracks me up…
7. 4:33 ***mashup of Dubstep/gangsta/pop-R’n’B. Kinda confusing, but fun!
8. 5:00 ****Disco! Uptempo! Whee! Rocket taking off (with nice little vocal rhythm), then midtempo Dubstep march.
9. 4:17 ***very robo-cinematic, bit of spoken word about computers. Downtempo woobly wobbles. Happy gronches.
10. 4:31 ***midtempo with blippities, good use of vocalizations. Then downtempo, and sparse, with lots of robotics.
11. 5:26 Repeated FCCs. Don’t even play this during Safe Harbor, folks! **downtempo and a bit melancholy sounding, gruff rap.
12. 6:06 MORE Repeated FCCs – see track 11! Too bad.
|1.||Annihilate||7.||Don't Feel Right|
|2.||Fully Blown||8.||Light The Fuse|
|6.||Need You||12.||Double Trouble|