|Various Artists / Bay Area Dubstep 03|
|Album:||Bay Area Dubstep 03||Collection:||Reggae|
|Label:||Full Melt Recordings|
|Add Date:||2012-06-09||Pull Date:||2012-08-12||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun|
|1.||May 17, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Mar 02, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Jul 07, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Nov 27, 2012:||Electrowave |
|3.||Mar 16, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Nov 22, 2012:||New World Disorder |
Bay Area Dubstep 3|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/6/12
It’s Dubstep and it’s from the Bay Area. A-yup! Mostly instrumental – most of the few vocals are in bits and processed all to mess. For some reason, Bay Area Dubstep seems more aligned with Dub Reggae than that from Europe or New York. The comp essentially goes from Dubby to Dubstep to Utter Farty Frogs as it goes along.
1. 5:22 **VERY slow one-drop beat, some metallic sounding electronics, some “sitar” noises and dubby female singing.
2. 4:41 ***nice slightly downtempo dub bubble, bits of toasting, lots of woobles – yay! Gets VERY jolly, almost circus march feel.
3. 4:05 ***random dubbed out vocalizations intro, very slow skank, righteously stoned out of its mind.
4. 4:08 ***queeches and woobles, downtempo skank, slight bits of vocals.
5. 3:25 **midtempo energetic skank with bits of melodica.
6. 4:39 **horns and grunts, midtempo, very sparse. Nice bits of singing.
7. 3:53 **downtempo, very electronic, pulses and bangs. Unintelligible bits of vocalizations, lots of weebles.
8. 5:02 ****downtempo, LOTS of dubstep noises, woobles and scronches. Makes me happy!
9. 3:54 ****plinks and scronks. Sirens. Downtempo, very dubsteppy.
10. 3:42 ***woobles, scronks, grunts, tiny bits of vocals, slow one-drop.
11. 4:33 ****seriously all woobled out – it’s making my brain pulsate. Very slow, tiny bits of vocals, sounds like a farfisa as well.
12. 5:07 ***midtempo with lots of metallic rhythmic elements. Woobles.
13. 5:13 **repeated processed robot speaking, very slow electronic drones, but still a one-drop beat.
14. 5:33 ***chords and tinny beats, quite pretty little keyboard line. Fun electronics – I think it’s some spoken snippets processed entirely out of their goofy little minds. Adds layers, then back to keyboard line.
15. 4:41 **great song title! Bippity boppity squeepies and keyboards, then downtempo cicadas and bits of fairy dust. Gets gnarlier as it goes along.
16. 5:44 **bongos in the moonlight, Middle Eastern feel. Then a pause, and pure buzzy ploinks and splats… Slow one-drop beat is almost an afterthought – pretty much pure electronic noise. Trippy.
17. 5:07 ***groovy little beat, sort of a mambo after the bars close. But! There are ghosts in the pina coladas! Bwahahaha!