|Add Date:||2012-10-05||Pull Date:||2012-12-07|
|Week Ending:||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Nov 11||Nov 4||Oct 28||Oct 21|
|1.||Oct 02, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|4.||Nov 30, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
In The Beginning
|2.||Dec 06, 2012:||The Sunset Life
Lookin' Back On '99
|5.||Nov 30, 2012:||Daydream Disaster
|3.||Dec 06, 2012:||A Family Affair
The Day You Were Born
|6.||Nov 29, 2012:||The Sunset Life
This is a country album, but it is very, very different from any country music you’ve ever heard. Fashioned from samples and driven by Gibson’s deep croon, these songs are unsettling and heavy on the atmosphere. Fascinating and forward looking. Favorites: 2, 3, 6, 7. No FCCs detected.
1. (1:57)—Slow. Very Lynchian keyboard and drum arrangement, with some slide guitar thrown in.
2. *(3:33)—Mid-tempo. A piano loop starts the song, and a chugging beat follows. Catchy, pretty, and sad.
3. *(4:36)—Slow. About a girl seeing her dad get arrested on Cops. With its hazy, wordless looped vocals, this sounds like Clams Casino in places.
4. (2:33)—Slow. Spoken word intro. The song sound like Jim Morrison guesting on a dream pop song. Good rainy day music.
5. (3:00)—Slow. If it weren’t for the sample of someone saying “one, one, one,” this would sound like a standard country ballad.
6. *(3:25)—Mid-tempo. Propulsive, dark, heavier on the electronics. Sounds like Matthew Dear.
7. *(2:31)—Medium-slow. 80’s beat with very pretty strings. Great melody during the chorus.
8. (2:49)—Medium-slow. Has a lot of dream pop qualities, but is actually pretty creepy. The vocals are even deeper than usual.
9. (2:46)—Mid-tempo. The music sounds like it’s been looped from a cowboy movie and degraded. Glitchy noises at the end.
10. (3:53)—Mid-tempo. Starts with a recording of a preacher. Dramatic strings. Extended outro featuring a noticeably out-of-place keyboard. Scary stuff.
|1.||Bad Guys||6.||Lookin' Back On '99|
|2.||In The Beginning||7.||Ray|
|3.||Tiffany Lou||8.||The Day You Were Born|
|4.||A Young Girl's World||9.||Dandelions|
|5.||Rain On A Highway||10.||All Hell|