|Mcdowell, Fred / Amazing Grace|
|Album:||Amazing Grace||Collection:||Blues 12"|
|Add Date:||2012-06-23||Pull Date:||2012-08-26||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||12 Aug||1 Jul|
|1.||Thu, 16 Apr 15:||Josh (Street Hassle)|
|3.||Sat, 30 Jun 12:||byrd of paradise|
blues with a feelin'
|2.||Sun, 05 Aug 12:||Josh Rosenthal|
|4.||Fri, 29 Jun 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
North Mississippi legend McDowell plays here with the Como, Mississippi Hunter’s Chapel Singers which include Fannie Davis, Grace Bowden, James Collins and McDowell’s wife Annie Mae. It’s a collection of spirituals recorded in 1966 with McDowell’s classic slide guitar trance / country blues. Great stuff!! No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: All.
1. (2:13) Mid. Fantastic vocals, guitar w/ handclaps, tempo picks up toward end.
2. (1:44) Mid. Fred and Annie on vocals. Solid.
3. (3:05) Slow / Mid. Haunting vocals, great harmonizing, handclaps.
4. (2:03) Slow / Mid. Killer paced guitar, killer vocal.
5. (2:46) Slow. Sparse w/ Fannie on the vocal, ominous guitar.
6. (2:57) Mid. Great chorus set back in the mix a bit w/ handclaps.
7. (1:48) Slow / Mid. Just Fred on vocal and his eerie guitar. Killer.
8. (2:46) Mid. Classic ‘You Got To Move’. Insane, haunting version w/ killer vocals.
9. (0:55) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Nice slide work by Fred.
10. (3:42) Mid. Title track. Powerful version w/ tight chorus.
11. (3:06) Mid. Classic McDowell w/ Fred and James sharing vocals, strong guitar.
12. (2:16) Mid. Grace on lead vocal w/ handclaps.
13. (1:45) Slow / Mid. Big chorus w/ guitar in back, handclaps.
14. (3:20) Mid. Just Fred on vocal and his solid guitar work.
15. (2:26) Slow / Mid. Grace on lead (w/ a cough!).
16. (2:09) Mid. Great vocals in front of Fred’s guitar.