|Can / Lost Tapes, The (Sampler)|
|Album:||Lost Tapes, The (Sampler)||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-06-30||Pull Date:||2012-09-02|
|Week Ending:||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul|
|1.||Jun 05, 2019:||Brownian Motion: The Jack Miller Special (sorta) |
|4.||Aug 16, 2012:||Catharsis and stuff |
|2.||Feb 25, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
Abra Cada Braxas
|5.||Aug 08, 2012:||On the Genealogy of Brownian Motion |
|3.||Aug 17, 2012:||In Your Ear | Global Radio |
|6.||Aug 01, 2012:||Brownian Motion |
Abra Cada Braxas
You can’t talk about krautrock without mentioning the trailblazing free-jazz / rock fusion jammers Can. This is a sampler of a box set collecting rarities from 1968-1975, and it’s some crucial groovy shit. Mostly improvised, funk ostinato oriented sessions full of wanky but clean guitar, synth, tribal syncopated drums, and primal vocal utterances. All tracks totally rad, with the possible exception of the live track, but it’s not the best recording.|
1. (5:49) Starts chill and faded, soon kicks into a badass bass-heavy romp that could have been the soundtrack to the trippiest cartoon ever. Wailing sax at the end is sweet!
2. (3:10) Lyrics, a chord progression, brevity…? Must be some of their early stuff. Almost like Barrett-era Floyd, but boring.
3. (10:32) Lush, spaced-out jam, gradually gathers momentum in the rhythm section but the keyboards remain delightfully directionless.
4. (7:35) Sort of a psychedelic surf theme, but halfway through it falls into a swirling, abstract void of scintillating synth wildness and some bouncing jungle rhythms.
5. (8:18) live version of a track on Tago Mago. Loose and groovy, but not all the guitars can be heard very well.
|1.||Millionenspiel||3.||Abra Cada Braxas|
|2.||Deadly Doris||4.||Midnight Men|