|Walkmen, The / Heaven|
|Label:||Fat Possum Records|
|Add Date:||2012-07-15||Pull Date:||2012-09-16|
|Week Ending:||16 Sep||9 Sep||2 Sep||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||22 Jul|
|1.||Oct 10, 2013:||** |
The Love You Love
|4.||Oct 24, 2012:||The Paint |
|2.||Jan 19, 2013:||(BE/WOR)ST OF 2012 |
|5.||Oct 17, 2012:||The Paint |
|3.||Jan 11, 2013:||Time Traveler (Top 37 Indie CDs of 2012) |
|6.||Oct 03, 2012:||The Paint |
The seventh full-length album from this Brooklyn indie-rock five-piece sees them settling into a more mature sound while still retaining elements of what made them a sensation in the first place. While they’re no longer as fiery and punky as they used to be, they still retain their signature driving sound with husky vocals and ringing washes of guitar. The lyrics are stepped up, the production is cleaner, the album is more cohesive as a unit—this is definitely one of their best. FCC CLEAN |
RIYL: Spoon, Interpol, The Smiths, The National
*1. Slow acoustic ballad, wistful gradually crescendos. Great track with superb vocals.
2. Midtempo nostalgic rocker.
3. Upbeat and bold.
4. Midtempo, swingy.
5. Vulnerable vocals, mostly acapella with a bit of acoustic guitar.
6. Great guitar intro. Slow and yearning.
7. Midtempo with great soaring highs and nice catchy riffs.
*8. The punky feisty Walkmen we all know and love. Snarled lyrics, explosive percussion, scratchy guitar chords.
9. Bluesy instrumental with great layering and soft humming.
*10. Immediately catchy and driving. Growling basslines, frantic percussion, desperate lyrics. This one’s a banger for sure.
*11. The title track and lead single. A grand sound with a simple guitar loop with smooth vocals that get more thorny as time passes.
12. Is this Grizzly Bear? Layered vocals with smooth guitar plucking and atmospheric percussion.
13. Smooth and high-soaring with just enough percussion to keep things interesting. The perfect outro track.
|1.||We Can't Be Beat||7.||Song For Leigh|
|2.||Love Is Luck||8.||Nightingales|
|3.||Heartbreaker||9.||Jerry Jr's Tune|
|4.||The Witch||10.||The Love You Love|
|6.||Line By Line||12.||No One Ever Sleeps|