|Pallbearer / Sorrow And Extinction|
|Album:||Sorrow And Extinction||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-06-30||Pull Date:||2012-09-02||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 8||Jul 1|
|1.||May 25, 2017:||Sound and Solidarity |
|4.||Jul 18, 2012:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Aug 01, 2012:||The Thermonuclear Bar |
|5.||Jul 04, 2012:||Cathartic Motion |
|3.||Jul 26, 2012:||Bloodstained Catharsis |
An Offering Of Grief
|6.||Jul 04, 2012:||ThermoNuclear bar |
Devoid Of Redemption
Epic doom metal from Little Rock, Arkansas that sounds like Iron Maiden 45s on the wrong speed. Massive lurching chords heralding death and destruction, never faster than a crawl, with guitar solos sounding more like funeral hymns from hell than any Iommi-esque shredding. So if you prefer Candlemass, Pilgrim, Solitude Aeturnus et al. over Black Sabbath and their disciples, this is right up your alley. Turn this up and drown in destructively distorted despair!|
1. (12:23)* lush acoustic intro leads into a SUPER HEAVY, epic and slow tune, soaring and majestic.
2. (8:19) raw, pummeling, dark intervals; slightly faster, but still doom. Totally nasty parts sounding like early Cathedral.
3. (8:49)** cleverly arranged riffs lumber along too slow to be catchy, but nevertheless there’s something endearing about them.
4. (8:43) some super slow hooks, simple but anthemic guitar solos, generally heavy shit won’t leave you unsatisfied.
5. (10:56)** dark operatic chorus intro adds an eerie touch to a devastatingly slow epic. Some lush, dark and dreary shoegaze interludes add variety. Top-notch shit!
|2.||Devoid Of Redemption||4.||An Offering Of Grief|
|5.||Given To The Grave|