|Caminiti, Evan / Night Dust|
|Album:||Night Dust||Collection:||General 12"|
|Artist:||Caminiti, Evan||Added:||Jun 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-06-30||Pull Date:||2012-09-02||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Aug 26||Aug 12||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 15||Jul 8||Jul 1|
|1.||Jun 09, 2017:||The Lord's Last Supper |
Near Dark / Returning Spirits
|4.||Jan 02, 2013:||2012 Top Classical/Experimental Albums i |
Moon Is The Hunter
|2.||Apr 01, 2015:||minimum entropy |
A Memory Or A Mirage
|5.||Aug 23, 2012:||QuestionAir |
Moon Is The Hunter
|3.||Jan 03, 2013:||Top 100 Albums of 2012 |
|6.||Aug 22, 2012:||Thermonuclear Bar |
Red Sun Blues
Local guitarist Evan Caminiti of Barn Owl has been a prolific solo artist lately. This is beautiful, guitar-centric zoned out drone, though he also provides vocals (allegedly), electronic effects, and synth to the soundscapes. It’s all light and airy, melancholy—what if Tim Hecker dropped electric guitars instead of pianos? RIYL Tom Carter, Marcus Fischer, Noveller|
33rpm, believe it or not. Sounds quite beautiful at 45 too.
1.* Lonely guitar drifting out into the fog. Sounds like the lighter side of Plante or Neil Young’s soundtrack to Jarmusch’s “Dead Man”
2. Mostly dark ambient synth, intermittent guitar textures mingle in but get swallowed by the void. Ends on some shimmering, windy layers of bells and ambience.
3. Tim Hecker and Tom Carter binging on Nyquil at the end of a long day. Carter maybe has a little too much, forgets how to play and uses the cheap old Squire guitar he first learned with—Hecker ends up unplugging him before they both pass out.
4. Windy and majestic, feels like standing on the edge of a cliff by the ocean during a thunderstorm.
5. ***Lonely heartbreaking guitar drifting, slow bluesy Morricone-esque western feel but really slowed down, much slower than bandmate Jon Porras. It’s a short track, but definitely a highlight.
1. Gentle, zoned out dreamy guitar drone, eerie modulations
2. *Epic! Layers of guitar harmonies gradually unfold, some really impassioned slow melodies on loud amps, think Plante or A Death Cinematic.
3. Dense and brooding, deep baritone contemplation gets light and Eno-esque
4.** Contemplative cowboy drone, gentle major key arpeggios drenched in reverb and delay
5. Chilling on clouds with twinkling bells and soft somnambulant harmonies, think Hobo Cubes if they got a guitarist
6. Second part of the suite, a dreamy gentle guitar lullaby.—ends abruptly.
|1.||Near Dark||6.||Red Sun Blues|
|2.||Returning Spirits||7.||Moon Is The Hunter|
|3.||A Memory Or A Mirage||8.||Last Blue Moments|
|4.||Star Circle||9.||Slow Fade Of Stars|
|5.||The River||10.||First Light I|
|11.||First Light Ii|