|Novelli, Peter / Louisiana Roots & Blues|
|Album:||Louisiana Roots & Blues||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-07-15||Pull Date:||2012-09-16|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||26 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul|
|1.||Aug 31, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||Jul 27, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Aug 24, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Jul 20, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Aug 03, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Second album from New Orleans resident Novelli playing some down south sounds. It’s got that swampy, funky, rockin’ blues w/ hints of jazz and zydeco thrown in. Novelli on guitar and vocals with legendary Joe Krown (of Gatemouth Brown fame) on organ and Zydeco legend Roy Carrier’s son Chubby on accordion and frottoir on #8. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 5, 6, 8, 10.
1. (4:25) Mid. Slow, crunchy, hypnotic guitar, steady beat, organ swirl.
2. (4:56) Mid. Mellow mood, heavy lyrics, lopes along w/ female back vocals.
3. *(5:11) Mid. Upbeat w/ heavy brushes, nice slide guitar.
4. (4:29) Mid. Easy-going w/ female back vocals, plodding beat, bright piano.
5. *(5:29) Slow / Mid. Trumpet led w/ organ, crunchy guitar. Cool vibe.
6. *(3:33) Mid. Funky guitar, funky beat, guitar solo, great vocal.
7. (4:03) Mid. Late-night vibe, bluesy and funky, organ solo, guitar solo.
8. *(4;27) Mid. Upbeat, zydeco styling w/ frottoir, accordion, female back vocals.
9. (4:29) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Guitar intro, big drum beat, guitar solo, strong bass.
10. *(4:36) Mid. Rockin’ w/ female harmonizing, mean guitar.
11. (6:03) Slow / Mid. Mournful ballad w/ nice guitar and female back vocals.
12. (5:30) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL of #5. See #5.
13. (4:54) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL of #2. Same as #2 w/ serious funk vibe.