|Ad.Lib & Silvision / Collide|
|Artist:||Ad.Lib & Silvision||Added:||Jul 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-08-12||Pull Date:||2012-10-14||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Sep 2||Aug 19|
|1.||Jun 27, 2013:||Schlepping Cobalt |
|4.||Aug 27, 2012:||Subbing for News |
|2.||Oct 31, 2012:||All Techno All the Time |
|5.||Aug 15, 2012:||Summer Session |
|3.||Aug 29, 2012:||Summer Session |
Ad.lib & Silvision: Collide|
This is a debut techno EP from Ad.lib & Silvision of Zurich, Switzerland off Joachim Speith's excellent label Affin. The EP iss dark, cold, doesn't change much, and most tracks have a characteristic pounding beat. I hesitate to call it "minimal" because "minimal techno" is a fashion. There is a lot of noodling around with electroacoustic noise textures & static, it's kind of raw & skeletal if anything. The strongest tracks are 1, 4, and 5.
1. Steady and solid heavy deep pounding of beats for a very basic rhythmic framework. Some electroacoustic noises but not too much else, just a good beat.
2. Remix of #1 that has signature heavy beats but more swirly effects, a lot of crispy staticky layers of noise
3. Another remix of #1 that is more techno-y and layered with analog blurps
4. Spooky swirly synths over a minimal tech-house framework, kind of cold but has a nice relaxed feel with the gentle synth tones
5. Meaty beats, a more powerful sound. Lots of textured crackles and abrasive grinding sound providing some percussive layers.
|1.||Collide||3.||Collide - Advanced Human Mix|
|2.||Collide - Jeroen Search Mix||4.||Path 1|