|Catfish Keith / Put On A Buzz|
|Album:||Put On A Buzz||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Fish Tail Records|
|Add Date:||2012-07-21||Pull Date:||2012-09-23|
|Week Ending:||23 Sep||16 Sep||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul|
|1.||Oct 05, 2018:||Traditions |
On A Monday
|4.||Sep 07, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Sep 21, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
On A Monday
|5.||Aug 31, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
On A Monday, Put On A Buzz
|3.||Sep 14, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Paying For It Now
|6.||Aug 24, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Aberdeen, Mississippi Blues
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Catfish Keith is a goddamned guitar master. He plays phenomenal acoustic country blues guitar w/ Americana stylings. This is a solo guitar and vocal effort and finds him doing a mix of originals and covers - by the like of Lead Belly and Bukka White. His ever-present foot stomps serve as bass, his slide work is insane and his voice is beautifully weathered and wise. The real deal. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: All.
1. (3:20) Mid. Lead Belly classic. Bottleneck mesmerizer, strong and forceful.
2. (3:27) Mid. Upbeat w/ ringing guitar strings, driving and divine.
3. (5:04) Slow / Mid. Another Lead Belly song. Ominous, plodding. Heavy lyrics.
4. (2:59) Mid. Drug-trip story-song. Hypnotic pace, spacey.
5. (2:40) Mid / Fast. Killer guitar work, uptempo driver, urgent and gritty.
6. (4:29) Mid. Title track, original. Great, upbeat repetitive guitar. Killer!!
7. (4:22) Mid. Bukka White tune. Big slide guitar, upbeat and driving. Solid.
8. (4:23) Mid. Original in the vein of Charley Patton’s Delta blues style. Nice.
9. (4:59) Mid. Bright vibe w/ his own vocal in the back. Plodding beat.
10. (4:43) Mid. 1920’s song from Frank Stokes. Great vocal, nice playing.
11. (4:12) Mid. Beautiful country blues, harmonizes w/ himself, really nice.
12. (4:06) Mid. Upbeat, kick-ass slide on this Hawaiian country blues tune. Yeah!!
13. (4:03) Mid. Original, plodding beat, fun w/ insane playing.
14. (2:36) Slow / Mid. Reefer song by Jazz Gillum. Great lyrics. Stoney gait.