|Beckah Shae / Scripture Snacks, Vol. 1|
|Album:||Scripture Snacks, Vol. 1||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Shae Shoc Records|
|Add Date:||2012-08-05||Pull Date:||2012-10-07|
|Week Ending:||7 Oct||30 Sep||16 Sep||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug|
|1.||Sun, 07 Jul 19:||CC for Jesus|
ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|4.||Sun, 09 Dec 18:||LJH Kesha|
Lift Jesus Higher Pt. 2
|2.||Sun, 28 Apr 19:||LJH Kesha|
Lift Jesus Higher, Pt 2
|5.||Sun, 09 Dec 18:||LJH Staff|
ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries presents, "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|3.||Sun, 20 Jan 19:||LJH Kesha|
ReJOYce In Jesus Ministries presents "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|6.||Sun, 18 Nov 18:||LJH Kesha|
Lift Jesus Higher Pt. 2
Beckah Shae / Scripture Snacks, Vol. 1/Shae Shoc Records|
There are a couple things upfront that need to be noted regarding this album; 1) Each song is either a direct scripture from the Bible or derived from multiple, directly quoted scriptures or from biblical themes; broken down in a way that is considered to be a "snack" versus an entire "meal." 2) All songs are performed A Capella yet produced to sound like an actual beat with layers and effects on top of human beat boxing/voicing. I like this album overall, and the theme of the album is a great one. If you like any of the modern day pop or R&B crooners and divas, you'll like Beckah Shae. Voice is awesome. Reminds me at times of En Vogue or Escape, Mariah Carey, all the way to Rhianna and others of today. No FCC violations.
My favorite tracks are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10
1) 2:26 - Funky, medium tempo; "Love" the layers of vocals carrying this song- have to listen closely to all that they're doing on this track.
2) 1:35 - Med/Slow, R&B like and older En Vogue or Escape in style with a little No Doubt thrown in for good measure. This is one of my favorites.
3) 1:59 - "Beat" is more hip-hop on this one, almost Timbaland-ish, Med/Slow tempo, very smoothly laid vocals, I have to say, the beat boxing on this one is very good and creative but also a little annoying- sounds almost like someone needs some water because their mouth is too dry. Best I can say. Still, I enjoy the song.
4) 2:33 - Another of my favorites both because of the message and for the vocal arrangements. Montel Jordan is still one of the better male voices in the industry. Beat is pretty funky and layered and produced well. I imagine they had a lot of fun voicing all these beats! Medium tempo-ed.
5) 2:13 - R&B/Alt style, med tempo, creatively voiced by Beckah Shae.
6) 2:23 - Fast tempo, electronic in sound direction.
7) 2:15 - Beautiful intro, fast tempo, love the vocal layers and harmonies.
8) 2:54 - Med tempo. I like this song overall, but I don't think Ametria really brings it like I remember her doing in the past. Not one of my favs on this album.
9) 2:31 - Med/slow tempo. Montel and Beckah just sound good together. Smooth vocal layering. One of my favs.
10) 2:27 - Med/slow tempo. Sounds a little like Veronica of Angelo & Veronica here.
Reviewed by Dan Reese, of Lift Jesus Higher!
|3.||Harmony||8.||Wait (Feat. Ametria)|
|4.||Hope (Feat. Montell Jordan)||9.||Woman (Feat. Montell Jordan)|