|Twin Shadow / Confess|
|1.||Sat, 17 Oct 15:||Victoria|
Mix Tape (Sub for Matt)
|3.||Sat, 11 May 13:||Merricat McGee|
Sphagna Rhianna Arcadia
|2.||Sat, 11 Jul 15:||Victoria|
|4.||Wed, 24 Oct 12:||DJ Mir|
New wave revival. What a crooner… but wait, they're anti-love songs! If you listen to the lyrics, it's clear the guy (or his persona) is a complete dick, which adds an unexpected layer to the 80s retro sound. James Dean in the time machine. Echoey expansive instrumentation and seductive/earnest vox over a crisp drum machine. Slick, vapoury. Lots of synth. Think 80s afterparty. Tiki torches on the beach. Guy says he wrote this album about taking his first motorcycle rides after an accident. It shows.|
try: 1, 3, 8
1. spare hi-synth to start, padded drums and soft vox :35 in.
2. disjointed and difficult. off-the-beat. "i don't give a damn about your dreams."
*3. the single. and how. full sound 2 sec in. pump-up drums, crashing riffs, big big melodies, sexy breathing-as-backing-vox. there's a lot to dig into here.
4. vibey police riff to start. "this isn't love." open road.
5. organ, footsteps, then: snappy beat, cooker bass. faintly morrissey.
6. rudder guitar and old cars sound. grungy.
7. happy, poppy. jangle guitar chorus.
*8. full sound at :12. dancey, dark vibes, backing vox, cute whistling melodies.
9. naked vox over drumless vibes, dark piano ballad. these cats deserve each other.
10. slow warble. futuristic michael jackson effects.
|1.||Golden Light||6.||Beg For The Night|
|2.||You Call Me On||7.||Patient|
|3.||Five Seconds||8.||When The Movie's Over|
|4.||Run My Heart||9.||I Don't Care|
|5.||The One||10.||Be Mine Tonight|