|Brocksieper, Falko / Shortcake Strategy|
|Artist:||Brocksieper, Falko||Added:||Sep 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-09-21||Pull Date:||2012-11-23||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Nov 4||Oct 28||Oct 21||Sep 30|
|1.||Oct 31, 2012:||All Techno All the Time |
|3.||Oct 15, 2012:||The Big Love Show |
|2.||Oct 22, 2012:||The Big Love Show |
|4.||Sep 24, 2012:||The Big Love Show |
Lmfm, Avoid (Feat. Benjamin Fehr)
Falko Brocksieper: Shortcake Strategy Label: Treibstoff|
Berlin-based Falko Brocksieper has over 100 releases to his credit and has been a fixture in European techno for almost two decades. This is his latest full-length album, in which he showcases brainy & thoughtful creations that go beyond mere terms such as "minimal techno or tech-house". The whole album is really cool, and I'd say the most non-standard dance tracks are the most interesting. For me the winners are #2 (Avoid), #5 (LMFM), #9 (Become), and #10 (Land's End), none of which are standard tech club bangers. But the two club bangers are #8 (Hoboken) & #9 (Reverse Engineering) are also phenomenal.
1. Big synth stabs and some vibraphone tinkling over a tech-house framework.
2. Retro-style electro breaks with a cool robo vocal. Goofy fun & sinister.
3. Synth-driven tech-house, straight 4/4 beats w/ a catchy melodic pop-flavored loop.
4. Nerdy electro with a modified electronic Peruvian pan flute and Andean melodies.
5. Nervous electronic noodling, crackles, and insistent beats & female vox saying "love me follow me".
6. Playful synths and electro warbles. Nerdy & brainy electronica.
7. Banging & insistent techno with a spooky ringing tone and slammin' beats.
8. Fabulous techno. Percussive and mechanic with a nervy pitched-up synth that's so druggy and awesome. Channels the spirit of the Detroit masters.
9. Soulful deeper disco track, chilled-out male vox and reverberating synths & effects
10. Thought-provoking melodic synths and varied percussive effects.
|1.||Let's Surface||6.||Pillow Biter|
|2.||Avoid (Feat. Benjamin Fehr)||7.||Hoboken|
|3.||Outride A Crisis||8.||Reverse Engineering|
|4.||Punta Ayampe||9.||Become (Feat. Big Bully)|