|Human Spirit / Dialogue|
|Add Date:||2012-09-21||Pull Date:||2012-11-23||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||18 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct|
|1.||Nov 16, 2012:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Song For Samuel
|4.||Oct 30, 2012:||Rebop |
|2.||Nov 13, 2012:||Rebop |
|5.||Oct 27, 2012:||Music Casserole |
Stepford And Son
|3.||Nov 02, 2012:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Oct 16, 2012:||Rebop |
Nicely crafted modern west coast bop. The musicians are all top notch and the tight arrangements gives everyone their chance to shine. Featuring Thomas Marriott on trumpet, Mark Taylor on the alto sax, and Matt Jorgensen on percussion. Plus a few guest players. I love the unpredictability of this one. Just when you think you’ve got the music figured out they go into something new. Every track deserves a spin. Watch for applause after solos.|
1. Midtempo at first then it just rolls down the hill gathering speed.
2. Slow, dreamy then a strong urban sound that’s both sweet and dirty.
3. Mid/up with great sax/trumpet harmony.
4. Instant energy, upbeat with the trumpet just blazing through.
5. Slow, reflective and sophisticated meanders from down to uptempo
6. Uptempo bop that sounds like a traffic jam (in a great way).
7. One of those slow songs that works because the silence works.
8. Hot, hot, hot from the get-go. A totally wicked jam. Yow!
|1.||In Unity||5.||After Hours|
|2.||Stepford And Son||6.||Ridgecrest|
|3.||Reversal Of Fortune||7.||148 Lexington|
|4.||Song For Samuel||8.||Pelham Gardens|