|Various Artists / Affin Fractals [Mixed By Joachim Spieth]|
|Album:||Affin Fractals [Mixed By Joachim Spieth]||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-09-28||Pull Date:||2012-11-30||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||4 Nov||14 Oct||7 Oct|
|1.||Jun 27, 2013:||Schlepping Cobalt |
With Particular Reference
|3.||Oct 08, 2012:||The Big Love Show |
|2.||Oct 31, 2012:||All Techno All the Time |
|4.||Oct 02, 2012:||Electrowave |
In My Hands
COLL: AFFIN FRACTALS [MIXED BY JOACHIM SPIETH]|
This is an incredible selection of tracks by an such an established name in the Berlin techno scene, and it really shows the current thinking in underground dance music, whether it's house or techno. Joachim Spieth is only adding to his reputation as one of the keenest minds in the biz. The compilation begins with some deeper house & minimal techno, then it goes full-on with meaty, nervy, brain-grinding beats. All good stuff, especially tracks 2,3,4 (house-y) and 9,10,11 (techno).
1. Catchy dancey house, simple synth loop with tasty fem vocals, esp. towards end.
2. Thumpy beat-driven arrangement with lots of crisp claps & hi-hats & snares
3. Chunky house, stripped to its bare essentials, has an old-school Inner-City feel
4. Pounding tech-house with a low-down dubby bassline, a few synth stabs & male vox
5. Dub techno - reverberating synth effects and a hard crunchy beat, some effects
6. Psychedelic dubbed-out minimal techno, spacey electro-acoustic effects
7. Techno w/ progressive edge - insistent synth driven loops and pounding beat
8. Edgy nervy tech-house with a looped signal tone that is catchy & maddening
9. Head-crusher techno with sci-fi effects and oppressive beat. Vicious fun.
10. Cold, minimal, and dark soundscape over an echoing metallic cylinder tone
11. Banging techno with classic reverberating effects and percussive flutters