girly garage punk pop/hello kitty-core.
osaka, japan's legendary shonen knife is still at it (this is their 18th album!), and the formula hasn't changed. imagine the ramones if they were japanese, female, and worked in offices. and collected hello kitty stuff.
MR. ESQ. SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW.
RIYL: ramones, dum dum girls, best coast, runaways, suzi quatro, redd kross, cheap trick, et al.
PLAY THESE TRACKS: ANY/ALL/PUT ON RANDOM/THAT MEOW WORTHY.
1. PURR-FECT: driving,quatro/runaways pop, minus the metal.
2. sweet pop start, kicks into shambolic, fast ramones pop.
3. brit punk gits. cheesy and very japanese. (played for japanese kids after eating bowls of sugary breakfast cereal: helps them build toyatas!)
4. slower, jaunty. funny.
5. also slow, but kinda psych pop.
6. still 60's pysch pop.
7. monkees pop.
8. PURR-FECT II: rockin'&bashin' fast pop. kills.
9. slow, maudlin. sung by ritsuko (the bassist.) total cheese.
10. redd kross sounding. mid fast cheese.