|Various Artists / Modularz 8|
|Add Date:||2012-10-21||Pull Date:||2012-12-23||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||23 Dec||16 Dec||4 Nov||28 Oct|
|1.||Tue, 18 Dec 12:||Jack|
|3.||Wed, 31 Oct 12:||Jack|
All Techno All the Time
|2.||Fri, 14 Dec 12:||Jack|
Friday Freak Fest
|4.||Mon, 22 Oct 12:||Jack|
The Big Love Show
COLL: Modularz 8 Label: Modularz |
This is a nice compilation of some incredibly hard-hitting techno. The album mostly features works by Developer and Truncate, with a bonus track by Stanislav Tolkachev. The strongest and most memorable tracks for me are the remixes which feature claps over the beats, #3 & #7 (Jonas Kopp's remix of "Diffraction", and Shifted's remix of "Dirty Drive"). I don't know why but those claps really work well to enliven the tracks. Also check out #5 ("Dirty Drive 1"), and techno bangers #1 ("Heated") and #2 (Diffraction).
1. Hard-hitting, edgy, almost angry insistent techno. Ambient noises are disturbing.
2. Ominous rolling beat, and at the peak a drone comes in and messes you up a bit.
3. Manic and insistent remix of "Diffraction" - the claps are so awesome here. Great analog-acid crescendo.
4. Monotonous yet hynotic. Slightly slower and less oppressive, with a bumpin' beat and a simple synth loop.
5. Great tech-house. A light airy synth with some metallic noise effects, a pounding beat, and this is somehow cheery and playful.
6. Repetitive melody with a fluttering mechanical sound. This one wears on you a little.
7. The claps are great on this remix by Shifted, along w/ the sci-fi ambience. Hints of Carl Craig and Jeff Mills here. Love it!
8. Creepy & nervous track w/ a pinging and bouncing synth loop and a hi-pitched squeal.