|Coelho, Kevin / Funkengruven|
|Label:||Chicken Coup Records|
|Add Date:||2012-10-05||Pull Date:||2012-12-07||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||9 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||4 Nov||21 Oct||14 Oct|
|1.||Dec 02, 2012:||Jazz Iz and Den Some |
|4.||Nov 13, 2012:||Rebop |
Dock Of The Bay
|2.||Nov 20, 2012:||Rebop |
|5.||Oct 30, 2012:||Rebop |
|3.||Nov 16, 2012:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Oct 19, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
You gotta hate this guy for being this good at this age. A 16-year old organ prodigy backed by percussion and guitar. He lays down some solidly funky jazz tracks that totally belies his age. Great stuff. (Oh yeah, he also writes music as well – tracks 1 &6)|
*1. Midtempo slightly grungy, slightly sweet. A great into to his style.
2. Upbeat, driving, tightly arranged w/nice sense of unity from the trio
*3. Churchy blues/jazz meld that is solid. Great B3 solo. Yow!
*4. A hint of Brazil with a jazz cha cha cha. Playfully light.
*5. This soul classic gets a B3 makeover. I think Otis would approve.
6. Nicely nuanced head nodding midtempo groove.
*7. Tripping fast goodness on this Miles Davis classic.
8. The old chestnut given a light, breezy touch.
9. It takes guts for a 16-year old organ player to touch this Dr. Lonnie Smith track. But he makes it work. Mostly midtempo.
10. Slow and sleepy ballad with a light touch.
|2.||Cantaloupe Island||7.||Donna Lee|
|3.||Take A Stand||8.||Tangerine|
|4.||Chagalu||9.||Pay It Back|
|5.||Dock Of The Bay||10.||What's New|