|Two Gallants / Bloom And The Blight, The|
|Add Date:||2012-12-15|| ||Pull Date:||2013-02-17|| |
|Week Ending:||17 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan||6 Jan||30 Dec|
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
First album in 5 years from San Francisco duo cranking out loud guitar and pounding drum epic-ish sounds, extruded from a folkish base. Most songs alternate between quiet and loud moments. Lyrically strong, mostly near-screamed vocals, polished production. Really strong stuff. All songs air-worthy. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10 (the best).
1. (4:33) Mid. Projected vocal delivery w/ stop/start phrasings wrapped around beautiful interludes, crashing drums.
2. *(2:44) Mid. Quiet folky start then loud, yet retains a folky, even proggy, vibe.
3. *(3:46) Mid. Heaviest gtr so far, nice ending w/ keys like bells.
4. *(2:46) Slow / Mid. Tender ballad w/ gtr, harmonica, harmonizing, tambourine.
5. (3:43) Mid. Drumming depicts doom, sparse at first, then epic volume.
6. *(3:23) Slow. Ethereal vibe w/ cellos, echoey vocals, sublime gtr. Blissful.
7. *(3:34) Mid. Simon & Garfunkel vibe to start, then heavy reverb gtr parts.
8. *(2:16) Mid. A bit carnivalish w/ keys, catchy and fun.
9. (3:12) Mid. Percussion star, picked elec gtr, gets loud.
10. *(3:30) Slow / Mid. Easy-going, Beatles-ish? w/ beautiful gtr and piano.