|Fresh & Onlys, The / Long Slow Dance|
|Album:||Long Slow Dance||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Fresh & Onlys, The||Added:||10/2012|
|Add Date:||2013-01-19||Pull Date:||2013-03-24|
|Week Ending:||24 Mar||17 Mar||10 Mar||3 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb|
|1.||Mon, 11 May 20:||Shiney Mike|
Best Of Everything - hr1 Clapton TBS 5-12-18 - hr2 NWTS 2-18-13
|4.||Thu, 23 Oct 14:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|2.||Thu, 04 Jun 15:||DJ Away|
The Final Sunset
|5.||Tue, 28 Jan 14:||aj|
Setting Fire to the Lab
|3.||Fri, 27 Feb 15:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life (Shayde Sartin and Sonny Smith are Cool Guys)
|6.||Thu, 02 Jan 14:||Miss Information & Scuttle Toe|
KZSU Top 100 of 2013
This San Francisco garage rock group has created a magically warm and catchy pop album about love, something that sounds like desire feels. The reverb and the repetition of lyrics in verses and choruses give the feeling of a sugary sonic vortex swirling around and around, producing a mountain of cotton candy. Rock ‘n’ roll hypno-bliss. Favorites: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7. No FCCs.
1. (2:59)—Fast, jangly, sunny pop. No real changes in dynamics. Soft keyboards.
2. *(2:32)—Fast. Get out the distortion! Aching, burning chorus. Beautiful music that could and should start a mosh pit.
3. *(2:32)—Medium-fast. Shaker, acoustic guitar, keyboard. So, so saccharine in the absolute best way possible. Reminds me of Neil Diamond’s “Cherry, Cherry.”
4. *(3:15)—Fast. Chugging, upbeat. Great searing guitar hook. Features marimba.
5. *(2:50)—Medium-slow. Finger snaps, dreamy harmonies. All about the pain of unattainable love. (How many other albums would I still devour after hearing three consecutive songs in C-major (the most cloying key)?)
6. (3:05)—Mid-tempo. Has more of an eighties pop sound, though older rock ‘n’ roll touchstones seep into the chorus.
7. *(3:58)—Mid-tempo. Nice fusion of jangly guitar pop with Western-style guitar and horns.
8. (3:39)—Fast. Cheery, driving but never particularly loud. Anthemic, hypnotic coda.
9. (2:35)—Medium-fast. Back to the distortion. Zigzags between states of angst and triumphant joy.
10. (6:06)—Mid-tempo. Starts as an intriguing mesh of sixties and eighties pop. Turns into a driving guitar jam that grows noisier over time. Feedback and drones for the last minute.
11. (1:36)—Slow. Sounds like an old teen ballad. Acoustic guitar, piano, and wordless vocals accompany.
|1.||20 Days & 20 Nights||6.||Fire Alarm|
|2.||Yes Or No||7.||Executioner's Song|
|3.||Long Slow Dance||8.||No Regard|
|4.||Presence Of Mind||9.||Euphoria|
|5.||Dream Girls||10.||Foolish Person|
|11.||Wanna Do Right By You|