|Preservation Hall Jazz Band / St. Peter & 57th Street|
|Album:||St. Peter & 57th Street||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||Preservation Hall Jazz Band||Added:||10/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-10-14||Pull Date:||2012-12-16||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||25 Nov||18 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct|
|1.||Feb 15, 2019:||Traditions |
T'aint Nobody's Business
|4.||Oct 21, 2015:||10-21-2915 |
One More 'fore I Die, Preservation Hall Jazz Band
|2.||Dec 30, 2018:||2018-21-30 |
Bourbon Street Parade, El Manicero, Bonjour Cousin, Burgundy Street Blues
|5.||Oct 14, 2015:||10-14-2015 |
Tootie Ma, El Manicero, Bonjour Cousin
|3.||Oct 24, 2015:||Sunlight Sketches |
I'll Fly Away
|6.||May 25, 2015:||CLEAN COPPER RADIO |
I'll Fly Away
Lava Hot traditional New Orleans jazz with a cast of cross-genre stars including the Del Mccoury Band, Mos Def, and others. Many tracks (1, 3, 5,7,9,12,14,19) are short introductions to the stars. You may play or not as you wish as each leads easily into the next track. Watch for wild bursts of applause. It’s their 50th anniversary and this is a total celebration. PHJB is a musical institution and this is a fitting tribute. Every single track deserves at least one star. You can’t help but love this.|
2. Slow brass/keyboard into. Far too short. So damned good.
4. Applause jams into the classic Mardi Gras Tune. Fast & fiery.
6. Del McCoury adds a sweet bluegrassy tone to this up/mid tune.
8. Upbeat, playful w/great vocals. A total joy-est.
10. The gospel standard get a sultry makeover. Glorious fem vox.
11. Light and swaying w/warm female vocals & a hint of Cajun.
13. Upbeat and old-timey feel good w/great twang vocals. Yay!
15. Latin-themed midtempo brassy jam w/Spanish male vox.
16. Their classic Pt. 1, downtempo classic w/vox. Slow.
17. Wicked upbeat version (Pt 2) now a party, not a funeral.
18. Mid/up w/slamming vox & great horns.
20. Downtempo fem vox leads to delicious midtempo march.
21. Upbeat w/kind of muffled vocals. A total N.O. Jam.
22. Another gospel classic modified into uptempo jazz jam.