Uncleden: Hello Cruel World Label: Broque
Excellent release, innovative electronica from Romanian producer Andrei Nedelcu. This album features some nice dub-inflected house and downtempo beats with all sorts of interesting & exotic effects. The synth melodies are very striking and quite catchy. I especially liked #1 (good things), and two dancier tracks #5 (zum zweibelmarkt) and #6 (silly simphonie).
1. Wonderful downtempo/ambient electronica piece, probably one of the best I've ever heard. Symphonic synth melody and all sorts of effects, occasional bass pulses, reverberating layered percussive tones.
2. Chilled-out deep house w/ hints of a dubstep drone, warbly and wonky effects, a mix of female & male vox samples, big synth chords
3. Dubby and space-y deep house, a little bit more punchy than #2, with a great bassline and lots of trippy effects. The percussion/flute tones give it a sort of Peruvian sound.
4. Cold and inorganic dubby deep house. The synths give it a wintery effect; when paired with a deep thudding beat, it sets the tone of chilliness. Cool snare bursts.
5. Thumpy broken-up beat patterns with stabs of synths and goofy little computerized effects. Love this track.
6. The bass is grindy & funky on this one, but the synths are warm and pleasant. Really catchy synth melodies everywhere, and this has a wonderfully playful New Wave/80s feel to it.
7. Meandering and trippy dubtronica/downtempo. Big deep beats and all sorts of wacky synths, weird effects.