|Tobar, Ricardo / Esoteric/Carnaval|
|Add Date:||2012-11-04||Pull Date:||2013-01-06||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||11 Nov|
|1.||Fri, 14 Dec 12:||Jack|
Friday Freak Fest
|3.||Sat, 24 Nov 12:||Eme O|
|2.||Tue, 27 Nov 12:||Rasmus|
|4.||Tue, 06 Nov 12:||Rasmus|
Ricardo Tobar: Esoteric/Carnaval Label: In Paradisum|
This is a fascinating release. Tobar's layering of analog noise, crackles, drone, and atmospheric synths is adventurous and daring. There's a little bit of 80s new wave in some of the sounds, but others are huge departures from that. #3 (Carnaval) is one of my favorites, as Tobar lets his drum machines go insane for long stretches. #1 (Esoteric) is also excellent, and #5 & #6 (two remixes of "Recuerdo") are fantastic.
1. Rolling electro bassline, slightly irregular stop-starts, and a long wailing distorted guitar chord. Attacks of analog noises at crescendos. Amazingly cool 80s-inspired electronica, fearlessly adventurous.
2. Slightly noisy new-wave/electronica, so many layers of lush atmospheric synths mixed with analog/acid noises and a buzzing melody.
3. Fast! Pumped-up BPMs - a drum machine on steroids, with moments of long drum rolls. Drone-y bass and atmospheric sci-fi synths. A long break in the middle and the energy continues again. This is madness - chaotic and breathtaking.
4. Ambient track featuring layered theatrical synths. Some textured noise in the latter part of the track.
5. Thumping crushing beats in this remix, which the original doesn't have. But it does feature the atmospherics synths & noises/crackles from #2.
6. A tweaky & slightly acidic remix of #2, slowly building in intensity a twisted melody that is an aggressive departure from the original.
|2.||Recuerdos||5.||Recuerdos (Mondkopf Remix)|
|3.||Carnaval||6.||Recuerdos (Qoso Remix)|