|Maraka, Aziz / Master Copy|
|Add Date:||2012-10-28||Pull Date:||2012-12-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||23 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov|
|1.||Jan 16, 2014:||Arabology |
Bahki Lahali (Live)
|4.||Dec 16, 2012:||jazz is and den some |
Bent Ennas (Studio), Ibki (Live)
|2.||Jun 13, 2013:||Arabology |
|5.||Dec 06, 2012:||Arabology |
|3.||Jan 17, 2013:||Arabology |
|6.||Nov 29, 2012:||Arabology |
-- All Tracks are FCC CLEAN --|
Aziz Maraka is one of the leading alternative music composers and performers in Jordan. In 2005 he founded the group RAZZ, (Rock-Arabic-Jazz). "Master Copy" is Maraka’s first officially released CD. It includes both studio tracks as well as live versions of some songs. All tracks are in Arabic.
**1. Bent Ennas.(4:30) is a jazzy sounding tune, upbeat, lots of trumpets.
About a girl who won’t respond to a guy’s affections.
2. Al Atwa (4:08) Begins dramatically with symphonic sounding orchestra, nay plying (flute), drums. Slows down into a mawwal (lamentation) which then picks up.
**3. Ibki (Live) (5:20) Oud playing begins this ballad, along with piano, vocals with echo, slow tempo.
4. Leish habibi (live) (6:21) Slow track, lots of piano playing, soft jazz, grand ballad-like segments.
5. Laa (live) (4:38) Begins with piano and violin; sounds sad. Symphonic instrumental (no vocals).
**6. Amman (6:56) This is Maraka’s tribute song for Jordan’s capital Amman. Slow and haunting. Powerful vocals.
7. Bent Ennas (live) (7:43) Live version of track 1 above. Extended, longer. Version.
**8. Bahki Lahali (live) (3:30) Title means “I Speak to Myself.” Sad slow track about being away from one’s country.
9. Possessed (4:44) Up-tempo, nice beat, combines eastern and western instruments. Showcases Maraka’s vocal ability.
My picks: 1, 3, 8
|1.||Bent Ennas (Studio)||5.||Laa (Live)|
|2.||Al Atwa (Studio)||6.||Amman|
|3.||Ibki (Live)||7.||Bent Annas (Live)|
|4.||Leish Habibi (Live)||8.||Bahki Lahali (Live)|