avent pop/gypsy folk/music for a play.
how to describe dark dark dark?
it's some of the most beautiful stuff out there.
pop music the way it should be done.
nona marie invie has a beautiful voice.
taking elements of chamber ensemble, gypsy folk, americana, etc., dark dark dark makes music that feels like you're watching a stage play or an indie film. very thematic.
(note: a year and a half ago, I missed dark dark dark when they were up here. so I drove all the way down to san diego to see them. this tiny black girl and I were up front singing along -we knew all the words! (she had an autographed vinyl copy of 'wild go'!). we got to meet the band after the show. they were very nice, especially marshall. nona was a little shy. I didn't know this until reading the p.r. sheet just now: marshall and nona had ended a very serious relationship about a month before I saw them.
sad. but they survive as a band.
and san diego?
MR. ESQ SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!!)
MR. ESQ. SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!!
RIYL: JOHANNA NEWSOM, AND I FIND IT HARD TO SAY.
PLAY THESE TRACKS: ANY/ALL/PUT ON RANDOM/NOTE THE MEOWS AND HOW MANY THERE ARE.choir kicks in.
1. sad, forlorn pop.
2. PURR-FECT II: upbeat, bouncing, winsome. white noise background creeps up.
3. music for a play. the dark days march in...
4. piano! (I like piano!)sad and waltzy.
5. frenchie! very sensual stuff.
6. PURR-FECT: very quiet, longish fade in.
gorgeous and sad.
7. slow and epic breakup pop.
8. haunty, sultry, ethereal. the white noise takes over.
9. piano! (I like piano!) happy go lucky. epic.
10. real slow fade in of soft cymbal crash. piano (piano!) strolls in. countryish way to end the play. THE END.
(IF YOU ARE A KSCU (SANTA CLARA D.J., PAY ATTENTION. IF YOU ARE A KZSU (STANFORD) D.J., THEN DISREGARD.)
11. a moment of silence.
12. off kilter, rag country ditty.