|How To Dress Well / Total Loss|
|Artist:||How To Dress Well||Added:||10/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-12-01||Pull Date:||2013-02-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan||6 Jan||16 Dec||9 Dec|
|1.||Fri, 12 Feb 16:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (Valentine's)
|4.||Thu, 07 Feb 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
|2.||Sat, 24 May 14:||perriayin|
Down the Rabbit Hole
|5.||Sat, 02 Feb 13:||Thomas|
|3.||Tue, 04 Jun 13:||DJ Moon Buddy|
Heyyy Moon Buddy
|6.||Thu, 31 Jan 13:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life
Pretty indie r’n’b. After Tom Krell’s debut album as How To Dress Well blew up massively, he is now back with a somewhat more mature follow-up. This album feels less DIY and more well-rounded. This is a beautiful pop record, hands down. Krell’s falsetto is still spot on, and the productions here are achingly beautiful. Give this a spin if you like Active Child, Perfume Genius, and Purity Ring.|
Try: 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 10 FCC: 3
1) 3:22 * Pretty pretty music. Breathless beauty, extremely fragile. Falsetto and piano all the way.
2) 3:39 * Dark and introverted. A strange mix of Nelly Furtado and The Weekend. But oh my is it beautiful.
3) 4:29 FCC: f**king Spoken word intro. Reich-ish keys, bouncy bass line, and echo-y vocals. A cappella outro.
4) 3:17 R’n’b feel, extremely sparse and funky. Somewhat 90s-inspired, which makes everything slightly less exciting for some reason.
5) 3:06 Sparse, upbeat, and funky. Vocal-driven with plenty of percussion in the background. Dramatic backing vocals.
6) 2:52 * Pretty, instrumental. Strings and drama for everyone. Cutesy Disney climax.
7) 4:29 * Slight return to 1, but this time it’s more electronic. Bigger drums, more keys, more fun. Great suff.
8) 5:03 Fragile falsetto, hushed feel. Drums and vocals all over this one. Slow and beautiful.
9) 4:18 * Strings for everybody! A solemn pop song. Slow, dark, and moody, yet strangely uplifting. Possibly my favorite voals on here.
10) 4:48 * Heavy electronics, more beautiful vocals. Dramatic and pretty.
11) 3:13 Quiet piano pop. Manipulated vocals and all a dense soundscape towards the end.
|1.||When I Was In Trouble||6.||World I Need You, Won't Be Without You|
|3.||Say My Name Or Say Whatever||8.||How Many?|
|4.||Running Back||9.||Talking To You|
|5.||& It Was U||10.||Set It Right|
|11.||Ocean Floor For Everything|