|Yeh, Cs / Transitions|
|Label:||De Stijl Music|
|Add Date:||2013-06-03||Pull Date:||2013-08-05|
|Week Ending:||4 Aug||21 Jul||14 Jul||7 Jul||16 Jun||9 Jun|
|1.||Aug 03, 2013:||Meow |
Don't Make Me Chase You
|4.||Jul 13, 2013:||Ming Er |
Don't Make Me Chase You
|2.||Aug 01, 2013:||The Proselytizer Radio News Hour |
|5.||Jul 10, 2013:||Beach Blanket Bingo |
|3.||Jul 18, 2013:||The Proselytizer Radio News Hour |
|6.||Jul 08, 2013:||Fight or Flight |
Diverse and sometimes-catchy experimental pop (not Burning Star Core or C Spencer Yeh's improv solo stuff). Lyrics, when you can understand them, range from wry and detached to genuine to corny. Album contains a wide array of instrumentation, effects and sounds (all of which are created by Yeh, accord to the De Stijl) and I tried and failed, or didn't try at all, to identify many of them. Eighties electro-pop vibe on several of the songs. Vocals sometimes sound like flat Ian Curtis. RIYL: John Maus, dark eighties electo, Jim O'Rourke-goes-pop (the concept, not so much the sound)|
1. (2:32) Simple arrangement of guitars and drums. Sounds like slower, happier joy division. Not sure if this is an FCC, but he says "fornication" pretty clearly.
2. (4:04) Repetitive synth/arpeggiator, other electronic effects, occasional strings (or something that sounds like strings), meandering synths and drums. Wry, fatalist lyrics.
3. (2:56) *Choppy, crunchy guitar riffs, dissonant droning guitar in background, layered vocals on chorus.
4. (4:21) *Intro could be the start of a Paula Abdul song. Echoey vocals over a simple bass line (nice groove) and drum machine. Cheesy synth outro. This song is better than I'm making it sound.
5. (3:18) Techno-y beat, occasional breaks where the beat continues plus a weird/cool sound. Vocals kind of boring.
6. (3:17) *Repetetive beat and wavy synths, creepy slowed-down vocals. I think that's a voice? Keyboard melody.
7. (4:02) More eighties sounds. Layered, pitch-shifted and mostly indiscernible vocals.
8. (3:24) *Pretty straightforward guitars and drums, big pop hook. Lol: "countdown to impact/to the beat of my heart."
9. (2:42) Sporadic, thumping drums and piano. Trumpet and saxophone parts too. Lyrics almost sung-spoken. Sharp contrast with previous track.
10. (3:24) Synth/arpeggiator, thumping 4/4 beat, layered vocals with lots of effects. (Intentionally?) corny lyrics.
|1.||The New Guy||6.||Don't Make Me Chase You|
|2.||Starts With A Look||7.||Rooms On Fire|
|3.||Whose Life||8.||Something Forever|
|5.||Masculine Infinity||10.||I Can Read Your Mind|