|Cardopusher / So What U Want Me To Do|
|Album:||So What U Want Me To Do||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-11-04||Pull Date:||2013-01-06||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||6 Jan||30 Dec||16 Dec||25 Nov|
|1.||Sun, 30 Dec 12:||Mayjahn|
|4.||Sat, 24 Nov 12:||Eme O|
|2.||Thu, 27 Dec 12:||Megha|
|5.||Thu, 22 Nov 12:||Megha|
|3.||Fri, 14 Dec 12:||Jack|
Friday Freak Fest
Cardopusher: So What U Want Me To Do EP Label: Classicworks|
The Spirit of 1992 lives on! Cardopusher literally must have bought himself a time machine and cranked the knob back 20 years to discover the original rave sound from those early glory days of glowsticks, ecstasy, warehouse parties, and neon clothing. Believe me, I WAS THERE and this EP literally is a reflection of that sound. What's shocking to me is that Cardopusher (Luis Garbán) was born in Venezuela, and did raves even exist there back then? Try #3 ("The Real Thing") and #5 ("I Know U Will") for most fun, but all tracks are really great and… historically accurate.
1. Bouncy piano loops, bumpin' beat, simple little synth stabs, retro-style siren shots, totally like a 20-year-old rave track that you can pull from the archives. All you need is an air-raid horn and some whistles, and we're all good!
2. Pumped-up hi-NRG aerobicizer house, a hip-hop vocal sample, big thumpin' beats & synth stabs. I even heard a few whistles, bringing the party up to a big crescendo.
3. Thumpin' party music with acid drops, complete with hands-in-the-air "pump this party" lyrics. Big kicks & stabs.
4. Dirty and raw retro acid-techno straight out of early rave music scene, nervy tweaked-out loops, complete with drum programming that is exactly like it was two decades ago
5. Big claps, bouncing beats and synth drops, "whoo's" and "yeah's" just like in the olden days.
|1.||I Know U Will||3.||The Real Thing|
|2.||So What U Want Me To Do||4.||Hysteria|
|5.||I Know U Will (Nehuen Remix)|